The Pie... Err... Keep on the Shadowfell.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
And so the night fell upon Fallcrest. Sir Voluminous' drinking competition with the northlanders ended in narrow victory sometime in the wee hours. The dwarves and Ellis kept on discussing about the name of the company for sometime and finally came to decision to enforce the name as "Order of the Pie". Midnight seemed mostly to pout and enjoy a drink sitting with them. Jasper disappeared some time later with the serving wench, only to return at dawn claiming to have recited poetry and playing lute.

The morning came... Well, the noon came, and the brave Order of the Pie set on to their journey northeast along the coast towards Winterhaven...

[sblock]Sorry, I went with a bit of railroading here :heh:[/sblock]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Brigitte awakens in a strange bed which is, she notices after a quick check, lacking in any other persons within the bed. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? She really has no idea at the moment. She yawns as she climbs to her feet and stretches. Morning already? Nope, it's noon. Well, too late to go adventuring today. Guess it can be put off until tomorrow.

She starts to return to her bed, but then realizes that the others might not share her thoughts and there's nothing worse being left behind while everyone else goes and does 'heroic' deeds. Because then they'd return with their stories and even if they're completely made up, they still wouldn't include her. "Crap," she mutters to herself as she dresses and readies herself as best she can for the trip.

She walks down the stairs to the first floor and leaves the inn, looking for her companions who actually started without her! Ooooh, she was furious. But she wasn't going to let them bring her spirits down. Spirits... did anyone bring some ale? This was going to be a difficult, sober journey for her... how far away was Winterhaven again? It sounded far away... *sigh*

hafrogman

Adventurer
I hate pie. Give me a cake any day of the week!

Ellis trudges along at the tail end of the group, slowly accumulating dust and complaining about his asthma. His back is stiff from sitting on the uncomfortable tavern bench all night, his head is still reeling from catching a whiff of Voluminous's morning-after breath, and he's more than a little put out by how easily their new friend Jasper got into bed with the bar maid he'd spent half the day trying to seduce.

This famous blackberry pies better be worth all this effort. It's not like it's a particularly noble endeavor. Couldn't they slay a dragon? Or rescue a princess? A beautiful, voluptous, GRATEFUL princess? Daydreaming to himself he continues off to his first adventure. A true man, ready to begin his life as an adult, doing manly things.

"Are we there yet?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Last Night.
Sometime during the middle of the party name discussion, Jasper got bored and began tuning his lute. Sensing he needed a drink the serving wench approached. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No drink can compare to your beauty." The serving wench blushed. "But if you insist, I would like two ales: I shall drink one, and you shall drink the otherf."

"I'm not allowed to drink while I'm working."

"Do not worry, we will keep it a secret, your boss will never know." The serving girl smiled then wandered to the bar and returned with the two drinks.

A few minutes later, the serving girl who was now quite tipsy from her repeated secret drinks leaned close to Jasper and smiled as she noticed his lute. "Did they hire you to entertain them while they adventure?"

Jasper grinned. "No they didn't. In fact, it is the opposite situation, they are actually my hirelings." The girl's glazed eyes widened. "I may be dressed in a common wardrobe, but I happen to be a descendant of the great King of Bael Turath, and I currently a member of the great order of Bardic Cavaliers charged with the....."

The wench interupted. "You're royalty?" Jasper nodded. "I never met royalty before. Wow. So why are you here and not in your castle?"

"I grew bored of the courtly life and when I learned about the Baker's vanishing from the local lord regent's courier, I knew I had to act before his disappearance would cause a great darkness to spread throughout this land. You see, the Baker's sweet pies actually are very important to the lord regent's ability to govern since they give him peace he desires during stressful times." A sly smile crossed Jasper's lips as he started to tune his lute. "As a protector of the ways of peace and love, it is my duty to ensure that this land doesn't fall into the grips of chaotic warfare which may erupt if the lord regent can not satisfy himself with his desired snack. It is a grim task, but I must do it for the safety of our people. I plan on composing a great epic once our deed is accomplished, and soon your beauty as well as my company's achievements should be known and sung about across this great land, from sea to shinning sea..."

The serving wench blushed, "Can you sing me something right now, in private?"

Jasper smiled seductively and whispered his reply to the serving wench before leaving the tavern with her...

* * * *​

Jasper lazily plucked on his lute as he traveled towards the rear of the group. He imagined himself to actually be a member of a royal linage of a long forgotten kingdom like his mother always told him he was, and in turn, like he always claimed he was. He heard many stories about Tieflings but no one ever knew the truth and deep down Jasper wished that the story he told was true since it sounded better then his just being the son of a random teifling adventurer who managed to seduce and impregnate the local half-elven forester.

JAsper glanced towards the horizon and frowned. "So, whose idea was it to walk to Winterhaven? Couldn't we just have rented a boat?"

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Jasper glanced towards the horizon and frowned. "So, whose idea was it to walk to Winterhaven? Couldn't we just have rented a boat?"

"A good walk will do everyone good!" boomed Sir Voluminous, who despite drinking a vast amount of highly intoxicating beverages last night seems completely unaffected. "Builds stamina! Improves health! Makes you really appreciate the time you spend not walking!".

Ginnel

Explorer
Ever since the group had left fallcrest Korz has been positively not unhappy, as far as you can tell under the mass of white hair that covers his lower face.
A dour rythmic whistle comes forth from his lips, a tune you could imagine lots of short stocky people swinging their pickaxes to as he leads his pony Bar'ak.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jasper tried to match the tune Korz whistled, but instead he managed not only to miss every note the dwarf whistled, but he also managed to play a repetitive series of B flats on each string he plucked.

"Believe me, I do not have to walk to appriciate the time I spend not walking." Jasper smiled momentarily as he wached the Bridget and Midnight walk, "However, I do admit the view that nature decided to provide for me is worth the fatique I will feel this evening."

Ginnel

Explorer
"Dang Nabbit!" mutters Korz as he hears Bridgette's forceful tones in the background the whistling stops to be replaced by grumbling.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
"Boats are dangerous," Brigitte tells the others. "Too many monsters in the sea. If we can't handle it, we can't run, we can't escape. We just die. Here, if we're attacked and we can't handle the enemy, we can flee and hide. There is no hiding on the open sea. Even if we followed the shore, we'd still be vulnerable. You ever drown to death?" she asks no one in particular. "Not a pleasant way to die. Give me a sword through the heart of drowning any time, if I had to choose my own demise, that is.

Besides, wood comes from trees and we all know trees are evil. Even in death, they'll try to ruin you like creating holes in the boat by shifting ever so slightly. Never trust a tree."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases