Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Krug

Newshound
Quite enjoyed the first two episodes. They were much tighter than the overlong movie, though I still found the chipmunk voices of the droids irritating. There's not going to be major surprises about who survives or dies in the television series, which drains some of the excitement, but still found it watchable.

I do think the only problems are the droids...but I can live with it. It is a kid's show after all, and not only that, but its a kid's show with Lucas' strong hand in it so those things are just going to exist.

I was so happy to see Plo Koon get the spotlight. He's always been my favourite of the prequel Jedi and always seemed in the background even in EU stuff. Now he gets to be awesome and have a cool voice to go with it!

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I liked them quite a bit. I thought the second was a bit more enjoyable than the first, but that's mainly because I usually dig the starship stuff more than the planetside stuff. I think they did a great job capturing the hopelessness of being stranded in space with no hope of rescue. I would have liked to see gravity disappear when they shut off the power on Anakin's ship, but that's such a minor and trivial gripe that it's hardly worth mentioning. Overall, I think this is the right format to bring Star Wars to the small screen, and it really gives us a chance to see a bunch of parts of the Star Wars galaxy that we've previously only read about in books and RPG supplements. I'm definitely going to keep watching.

Goodsport

Explorer
I recorded the two episodes on Friday but I'm not sure when I'll be able to watch them considering that I missed seeing the movie first and it's no longer playing in theaters anywhere near me. :(

-G

Krug

Newshound
There's hardly any connection to the movies. Just the introduction of Anakin's apprentice Asoka, and there's very little background about her.

Arnwyn

First Post
So the first couple episodes aren't re-showing the movie in "episode" format? (Like Goodsport, I recorded the Friday episode(s?) because I haven't seen the movie, and it was dumped out of the theatres pretty fast.)

Guess I'll pass. What a dumb way to release a new TV series.

Krug

Newshound
So the first couple episodes aren't re-showing the movie in "episode" format? (Like Goodsport, I recorded the Friday episode(s?) because I haven't seen the movie, and it was dumped out of the theatres pretty fast.)

Guess I'll pass. What a dumb way to release a new TV series.

Nope they're not. They're episodes on their own, and pretty easy to follow, even if you never watched any Star Wars. In fact, it might be better that way. ;)

Elodan

Adventurer
Enjoyed both episodes.

I thought I heard someone other than Ahsoka call Anakin a master jedi. Anyone else catch it? Seems like a little blunder.

Enjoyed both episodes.

I thought I heard someone other than Ahsoka call Anakin a master jedi. Anyone else catch it? Seems like a little blunder.
It's probably more of an honoriffic, much like calling someone in a respected position "Master So-and-So." Ahsoka would use 'Master' when talking to Anakin since he's her teacher.

Example: King Theoden in Two Towers movie refering to Gimli as "Master Dwarf." Gimli is simply (to Theoden's knowledge) a random dwarf with an axe. The 'master' is again more of an honoriffic, though perhaps in this case used a bit sarcastically.

Another example would be AotC, when that Naboo advisor calls Anakin "Master Jedi" (shortly before Padme publically embarrasses him). It's more along the lines of saying "Sir Jedi."

As for the show, to the common people, if a Jedi has a youngster in tow that calls them 'master,' they're going to assume said Jedi is a Master, whether they are or aren't.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases