New Fighter Build: Shieldbearer

andarilhor

First Post
New Fighter Talent: Shieldbearer

When you wield a shield, you gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class and Reflex.

When an adjacent ally is attacked by a enemy marked by you, you can grant that ally your shield bonus to AC and Reflex as a immediatte interrupt.

Soon I will be posting powers based in this option.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I don't think a shield bearing fighter would be a bad idea, I'm just curious as to how it will be different from sword and board? Please, could you elaborate? Thank you and best wishes with seeing this to fruition :)

Starfox

Adventurer
The current advantage of having a shield (+2 AC) is quite sufficient. There is no need to make shield-fighters more powerful. Its a case of overspecialization; it is almost always better to get a bonus to your most important attribute (for a fighter; AC) than to a secondary one (for a fighter: attack bonus).

I could see a rule giving defenders a +1 AC across the board, as they seem a little defensively weak atm, but that's a different can of worms.

Khaalis

Adventurer
I don't think a shield bearing fighter would be a bad idea, I'm just curious as to how it will be different from sword and board? Please, could you elaborate? Thank you and best wishes with seeing this to fruition :)
I too like the idea of a shield specialized fighter. It brings to mind images of a Captain America style fighter.

Some Ideas off the top of my head:
* Shield Bashes - damaging shield attacks
* Shield Slams - pushing powers
* Shield Throw - ranged shield attack
* Phalanx - more protecting others near you
* Spear Focus - bonuses to powers when using a spear with a shield
* Shield Utilities - utility powers focused on the shield (legolas shield slide?)

andarilhor

First Post
Just to start, 2 at-will powers:

Shieldbearer´s Lure
You atracts the wrath of your enemy to makes him attacks you out of timing.
At-Will ♦ Martial
Standard Action Close
burst 1
Requirements: You must be wielding a shield.
Target: a enemy marked by you in the burst
Effect: the target makes a basic melee attack against you, if it misses, he loses its standard action in its next turn, if it hits, he´s no longer marked.

Making a Opening
You hits with your shield making your enemy open to your next attack.
At-Will ♦ Martial
Standard Action Melee 1
Requirements: You must be wielding a shield.
Target: one enemy
Attack: Str vs AC
Hit: 1d4+Str mod damage, makes a secondary attack against the same target.
Secondary Attack: Str vs Reflex
Hit: 1W+Str mod damage

andarilhor

First Post
I too like the idea of a shield specialized fighter. It brings to mind images of a Captain America style fighter.

Some Ideas off the top of my head:
* Shield Bashes - damaging shield attacks
* Shield Slams - pushing powers
* Shield Throw - ranged shield attack
* Phalanx - more protecting others near you
* Spear Focus - bonuses to powers when using a spear with a shield
* Shield Utilities - utility powers focused on the shield (legolas shield slide?)

I will take this ideas in count ;)
My idea is a more defending fighter, more focused in attracting the attacks to him and away from the allies.

Cadfan

First Post
I wouldn't want a new build since the current one handed weapon / shield option for the fighter is good enough, but, I wouldn't mind more shield related powers. So I will read to see what you come up with.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases