Special Unit 2

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Both wondering how many here have seen this very funny show already and also to post notice that t appears the sci-fi channel will be showing a "daytime rotation" of the show's episodes on November 6, from 8 am - 4 pm EST. I had heard Sci-fi was reairing the episodes, but had no luck finding them on, after seeing them during the original airing on UPN (yeah, it's a while back).

Did a websearch again today randomly on the site and actually got a result. It appears there was a similar block on 9/19, shame I've only been checking every few months.

I highly recommend checking it out. The show is about two Chicago police officers part of a secret division dealing with "links" -- their term for monsters in general. The premise is that evolution wasn't all that clean and the supposed "missing link" is actually many species, hence the name "links." The male lead is antisocial and seems to enjoy the violence a tad too much, complemented by the genuine caring of the female lead, though through the show those roles get toyed with a bit. My favorite character is Carl, a kleptomaniac gnome that is used as their snitch. In return, his (many) transgressions are overlooked. The feuds between him and Nick (male lead) are wonderful. The monsters, often times quite wacky, especially when not typical or classical selections. My favorite is the monster made entirely out of discarded human lard.

Schedule | On Air | SCIFI.COM

Special Unit 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Isn't it Special Unit B?

It was OK. They made the characters (especially the lead) a little too cartoony. It could've used a little more emphasis on creepyness rather than campyness.

I liked that we learn that all myths and fairy tales are true...except, explicitly, for vampries. The writers denied themselves an easy out by cutting off access to that over-trodden ground.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Another person here who liked the show when it was first on.

Of course, those days, there were a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows that made it to air a season or 2 and then just pffffffft!

Sliders and a few others besides X-Files had a good run.

M.A.N.T.I.S.? Earth 2? Misfits of Science? Crusade?

Friday the 13th: The Series? (A great show for modeling a modern fantasy campaign.)

Remember Space Above and Beyond? That show was tight- in some ways a precursor to the redux of Battlestar Galactica.

Or how about Jake 2.0...an obvious spiritual precursor to Chuck?

Remove ads