D&D 4E 4E module using the old OGL license?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Hi,

I'll have to dig up the name, but I came across a module written by one of the more well known publishers that did not seem to be using the new license. What I found in the back looked like the old OGL license.

I don't think that I saw references to any 4E books, but the monsters did use the format that 4E provides.

Does anyone know what the module was? (I'll see if I can find it again. It's at a LGS, so that will be a couple of days.) More important, did I see what I thought that I saw about what license was being used? (Did I correctly see that the 4E license was not being used?)

Jack99

Adventurer
You are probably thinking of Goodman Games' DCC series. They seem not to use the GSL. But do not take my word for it.

Voadam

Legend
I think that was it.

I had heard Goodman was doing this with at least some of their 4e ones but I don't know which specific ones they actually did this with. 4e OGL stuff is interesting, I'd like to find out which ones, whether they are in the DCC line or their new 4e non DCC module line.

Starglim

Explorer
I had heard Goodman was doing this with at least some of their 4e ones but I don't know which specific ones they actually did this with. 4e OGL stuff is interesting, I'd like to find out which ones, whether they are in the DCC line or their new 4e non DCC module line.

At least DCC#53, Sellswords of Punjar. Points of Light has no licence but its stats are not 4e. The Tarnished Jewel contains no game stats or licence. I don't have the others.

Last edited:

Imban

First Post

From the stuff I have?

Dragora's Dungeon contains the OGL and refers to itself as "4E Compatible".
Fang, Fist, and Song is produced under the GSL.
Punjar, the Tarnished Jewel contains no license.
Sellswords of Punjar contains the OGL and refers to itself as "4E Compatible".

So as of yet, both DCC and Master Dungeons are OGL, while Forgotten Heroes is GSL.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases