(IR) What would your PC do if he or she received the Wanderer's Sending - Thread Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
My regrets, but I must amend something from the last thread.

To the Solistarim - you are not able to gate into Realmspace with your elite force, then run out, because yes, Realmspace has a powerful border guard ... the moment you try to Gate in, you encounter them.
Of course, they might let you pass, if you are there to fight the Legions of Vecna, but that is up to Reprisal and Forrester.

My regrets, William, but the great Host of Kevellond, as it tries to enter Realmspace, runs face to face into the Border Guard.
Unless Reprisal or Forrester give permission, that is as far as your force gets.
Since your force is there to fight against the Legions of Vecna, they may allow you through, but that is up to them.

The army of Turrosh Mak was able to reach Realmspace, because of Vecna's Gate (Vecna alone being able to breach the Torilian defenses.)
It is now doubly impossible for Turmosh Mok to communicate with his general and his force, much less order them to come home.

Serpenteye

First Post
Moved from prevoius thread

We will extend our hospitality to Vecna. He is given access to one of our great magical research centers and is provided with generous grants. In exchange he is expected to teach some of our magicusers the secrets of the Arcane Age. At all times do we keep him under massive surveillance and guard him and his whereabouts diligently. We keep a constant watch to make sure he does not betray us and we begin to research a magical way to bind him to us. We start a careful and gradual indoctrination of him, starting to small to be noticable and growing as previous stages have been successful. We are masters of propaganda and manipulation and he is unlikely to protect himself against such mundane methods. Above all; we do not underestimate his power and intelligence, we proceed carefully.

But first we inform him that we have no immediate plans to attack Toril. Doing so would be suicidal as he himself has proven. We want to expand our power and knowledge first, and that might take centuries. But he who is eternal should have all the time in the world.

Edena, how much gametime has passed since the beginning of the previous thread

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Very well.
Vecna adds 20 points to your Strength, Serpenteye.
And now, you represent him. Whatever he does in the future, is up to you.

I will change the list above to reflect this.

Serpenteye

First Post
We are greatful to Edena the High God of Fate . This is heresy, true, but nobody knows.
The God-Emperor studies with Vecna to learn magery and the secrets of the paths to divinity. Vecna is also consulted for the Biomancy-program.
How soon till we can field our Vecna-trained mages?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
LOL.

You realize, don't you, that the moment Vecna acts with any kind of great power, the others will realize something is up.
Eventually, it will be discovered you are harboring Vecna.

What do you think will happen then?

Turrosh Mak

First Post
The Legions on toril

Since the legions on toril are unable to communicte with me I can only offer some general recomidation as to there actions.

Ther mission was to distroy Vecna's forces, which they attend to with great fevor. Any who survive will contact there Torelian brothers (That's you forester) and seek asylum and help in restablishing contact with the Pomarj.

Keep in mind Forester, that these are "Old School" Orcs. They worship Grumish. Not Grumish, the wise old man; but Grumish , the god of savage war. They will not be comfortible with many of the customs of your world, and it may be in your best interest to return them to me.

Edena, let me know when and if I get in contact with my forces.
Also, I hope that the General survives...

Serpenteye

First Post
But Vecna will never be allowed to move openly. Only a small part of our most loyal scientists and mages have access to vecna and they are in turn kept under the supervision of other loyals, who in turn are supervised themselves. The lore we learn from Vecna is funneled through our resarch facilities and "laundered". The greatest of his secrets are kept hidden in our most secure vaults only to be used in emergencies. Vecna himself aids us in preventing scrying. The secrecy of Vecna is really quite impenetrable.
Officially we are still searching for Vecna to attemt to kill him and absorb his essence. This is also a "secret" but much less guarded. Not even our closest allies are informed were he is, though we do share with them some of the minor results of our Vecna-research.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Forrester states he is not getting involved.

I await Reprisal's reaction.

Reprisal, if you read this ... you have the option of slamming the Gates to Oerth shut, permanently.
Now that Vecna has penetrated your defenses, the Guardians will study and learn how to counter him, so that he cannot enter again.

Since there is no mage out there in existence greater than Vecna, that means Realmspace will be inviolate.

Doing so, permanently removes Toril and Realmspace from the 3rd IR.

Conversely, you may choose to become involved on Oerth, and keep Toril involved in their situation.
Although that would be messy, I thought it would be interesting, but someone I cherish the opinion of greatly does not agree with that, so I leave it in your hands.

If you close the Gates, the minions of the Church of Shade still in Greyspace cannot return to Realmspace (not even by going through the Plane of Shadow.)
They will be cut off from their bases on Toril.
However, they will still be able to access their allies in the Plane of Shadow.

Oerth will be subject to all their manipulations.

Reprisal, it is up to you.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases