[3.5] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Walking Dad

First Post
IC thread for 'Hall of the Dwarven Lord'

---------

You've been hearing the rumors for two days now. "The Hall of the Dwarven Lord has fallen to the hobgoblins!" At first you didn't believe it was true, but then the regular shipment of dwarven ale didn't arrive this morning, and there's been no word of the hall either.
If the rumors are true, then there must be plenty of hobgoblins to slay and treasure to recover. The dwarves have always been friendly, so helping them rid their home of hobgoblins would be the right thing to do. Besides, you'd hate to think that the hobgoblins are up there wasting all the perfectly good dwarven ale!

What do you do?

---

RG IC OCC

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim, Human Fighter2, AC 17, hp 16, Grt Axe +6/1-12+2/X3crit

"How can we refuse to help our Dwarven friends?" says Ray as he lovingly touches the Dwarven workmanship of his finely crafted great axe. "I say we should go at once and help as much as we are able! Who knows? There is probably treasure to be had as well, and our Dwarven friends are sure to be generous in exchange for our help."

Halford

First Post
Darvin glances up from his books and wrinkles his nose - a habit his cousin is familiar with.

"I have heard tell that "adventure"" the young Wizard pronounces the word with considerable distaste, "tends to speed the development of magical aptitude, I cannot imagine why, but since I have no other pressing engagements..."

He grins and pats his crossbow, lending the lie to his oft attempted grump wizard character. Upon his shoulder Nibs, Darvin's ever present white rat familiar, chitters approvingly.

"Besides I hear crossbow bolts through the temple are "in" amongst Hobgoblins these days and we can hardly have unfashionable Hobgoblins running around now can we?"

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
0th: Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
1st: True Strike, Ray of Enfeeblement, Mage Armor[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"Aye, good cousin, I like the way your mind turns. But I prefer to give the well-dressed hobgoblins a nice red sash," and here he mimics striking a slicing blow across a hobgoblin's chest with his greataxe, "to go with the fine jewelry that you provide."

Halford

First Post
Darvin snorts and splutters quickly attempting a look of mock dignity,

"We're just too generous couz, to a fault ye might say, some people would sell their souls to look good, we'll just kill them and take all their stuff - its practically a bargain." Nibs squeaks in agreement.

Leif

Adventurer

"You might even say that we're doing them a great kindness by not only letting them keep their souls, but by even 'releasing' their souls to fly back to their maker!"

Leif

Adventurer

Ray, who is totally incapable of ever looking very thoughtful, does his best to imitate a thoughtful demeanor while Darvin has a conference with his familiar. (He fails utterly, but don't tell him that, please!)

Then he turns to "Dagger," and says, "So, Dagger Dan, you're being awfully quiet. I am interested to hear your thoughts on the matter, do you think we should see about assisting the Dwarves, and if so, how shall we go about it?"

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Dagger idly twirls a dagger, with a slightly amused look on his face.

"I am very thirsty. Unlike the two of you" he says "I am not bloodthirsty. I am thirsty only for dwarven ale.

We need to get the facts. Then we will do what we can. I should scout ahead. Do you know how big the Hall is? How many hobgoblins would it take to capture it? I should think many."

Leif

Adventurer

"Good idea, Dagger. No, sorry: EXCellent idea! Barkeep another round of dwarven ale for my thirsty friend here, my cousin, and myself. We must enjoy this, fellows, because I think we're almost down to the dregs of this last cask! Then, we'll be reduced to drinking Gnome Brew! Ick!

And offhand, I cannot answer your questions, Dagger. But I will suggest this -- it might be a good idea for you to take some extra muscle along on your scouting trip. Like, oh, I don't know, ME, perhaps? And we're really not that bloodthirsty, we just don't particularly care for hobgoblins."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases