A Game of Thrones board game

Enforcer

Explorer
Anyone else have it? I have it and both expansions, but regrettably have only gotten to play it twice (with the basic set only). Are there any places to play it online? Perhaps via email or something?

What do the rest of you think about the expansion rules? What works and what doesn't?

Thanee

First Post
Great game, if you like the Diplomacy style. :)

Also got the two expansions, but only since a couple weeks, so havn't used them yet. I heard they add some balance and excitement to the game, though.

Bye
Thanee

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Great game, if you like the Diplomacy style. :)

Also got the two expansions, but only since a couple weeks, so havn't used them yet. I heard they add some balance and excitement to the game, though.

Bye
Thanee

You really, really want to use the ports from the first expansion as otherwise it's too easy for someone to completely lose access to the sea.

I enjoy the game, but I don't get to play it that often.

Cheers!

Tian Zi

First Post
I've played it dozens of times.

The Expansion that adds the Martells and Ports and Siege Engines and 5 power cards is fun, but it does "open up" the game. The original game was fairly tight in the combat phase. 5-4, 3-2, etc. With +4 Siege Engines on attacks and the highest card being worth 5, things get pretty crazy.

When we used the Martells, we eventually preferred the new game board add-on, and the new Martell cards that have the highest rating of 3. This kept the original flavor best, we felt.

I have not played the expansion that focuses on te Riverlands. Seemed a different game and I was disappointed in my purchase.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases