Pathfinder RPG Pathfinder Excel/Open Office Calc character sheets

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pathfinder Excel/Open Office Calc character sheets

Does anyone know if there are any Pathfinder character sheets for either Microsoft Excel or Open Office Calc? I was considering putting one together, but wanted to make sure that no one had already made something better than I could do. Thanks.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore kitsune9
    I too would be really interested in an autofilling character sheet for Pathfinder. I second this.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Kerrick
    I did one for D&D (see here, which someone could modify for Pathfinder, if they wanted.
    Project Phoenix. 4E the way it should've been done.
    Society of 3.5 Revisionists. A place for 3E/3.5 designers to post and discuss their ideas.

Agamemnon: "Their process of building each edition atop the previous ones has resulted in 3.5 being the Michael Jackson of RPGs, desperately improving itself to ward off obsolescence but attaining only a kind of perverse lichlike state as a mockery of healthier games."

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrick View Post
    I did one for D&D (see here, which someone could modify for Pathfinder, if they wanted.
    Thanks! I like the sheet -- especially the Spells section. If no one has a Pathfinder-specific sheet, I'll see what I can do to adapt this one for Pathfinder.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore AJCarrington
    Tweaked version of HeroForge:
    The RPG Engine

PDF sheets can be found here:

Neceros RPG Sheets

As well, RPGXplorer has anounced support for the Pathfinder Beta in its next major release this fall.

AJC

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore sckeener
    My wife has been working on a pathfinder open office sheet for awhile now. It is her favorite hobby at the moment...(bored in a meeting, do some pathfinder coding...)

It isn't ready for prime time, but she did pass a copy off for me to test & report bugs....if y'all are interested I could post it and if y'all have issues, I'm sure she would appreciate knowing of the bugs....
    "The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." Sigmund Freud

"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." Ambrose Bierce

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen." John le Carre

Pathfinder adVance

Check out Pathfinder adVance and Pathfinder sCoreGen at The RPG Engine

They got mentioned on the Paizo site a few days ago, but I have not tried them.
    Last edited by Saint_Meerkat; Tuesday, 14th October, 2008 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. You've all been very helpful. sckeener: I'd like to see your wife's sheet, if she's ok with you posting it.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore sckeener
    Quote Originally Posted by almagest View Post
    sckeener: I'd like to see your wife's sheet, if she's ok with you posting it.
    edit: she changed her mind...woman's prerogative. She feels it isn't ready to see the light of day. Sorry
    Last edited by sckeener; Monday, 20th October, 2008 at 10:09 PM.
    "The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." Sigmund Freud

"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." Ambrose Bierce

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen." John le Carre

Quote Originally Posted by AJCarrington
    Tweaked version of HeroForge:
    It's not actually a HeroForge mod, though the character sheet form was ganked directly from them. The idea is to create a character generation engine that can be adapted for the needs of various d20 sub-systems and is relatively adaptable to the needs of a particular gaming group. Pathfinder RPG is the sub-system I'm focusing on first by way of supporting the open playtest, but I'm already working on a Modern20 edition.

Quote Originally Posted by sckeener
    My wife has been working on a pathfinder open office sheet for awhile now. It is her favorite hobby at the moment...(bored in a meeting, do some pathfinder coding...)
    It's a fascinating pre-occupation to be sure.

I've been playing around with it, and although I don't have a lot of bugs to report, I do have some general comments on the interface.

The use of the pop-ups provides elegant solutions to certain interface challenges, though for other things it's a little constraining. Character creation by means of a series of pop-ups has the advantage of letting people know what it is they need to fill in next. My own, cruder method is to just have a cyan dot appear next to places you need to fill in or make a selection (though this has other problems -- it's a tradeoff). But having to go through all those choices one at a time at the computer's prompting is kind of linear, and I suspect I'm not the only one whose character creation process is more ruminative. I tweak the character a lot.

Where the pop-ups really pay off is with the inventory handling. My own Visual Basic-Fu is far too weak at this point to do anything like this, but this is a function that can deliver the poor player from a huge pain-in-the-ass, so I may just have to study this code. It would be nice to have the other parts of character creation work in this way -- you click a button to set your stats, another button to spend your skill points, ect, instead of having all the choices pop up one after the other.

Also, setting the stats by having to enter the number of points to spend is kind of problematic. It would be easier if you could modify the stats and have it look up the point cost.

The one bug I ran into came up in entering skill points. I believe I was trying to add a Perform skill, and a runtime error occurred in addField().

I look forward to seeing this in a more developed state.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast