Star Wars Alternity Conversion

Hammerhead

Explorer
My gaming group is interested in playing a SciFi based game, preferably in the Star Wars universe. After reviewing our options, and our pocketbooks, using the Alternity game system to run Star Wars seemed the best choice.

Does anyone know of, attempted, or would like to try to convert Star Wars to Alternity?

Davelozzi

Explorer
Here's my conversion:

star swords=light sabers

FX powers=Force powers

---------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, I considered doing it but haven't yet. It shouldn't be a very difficult converstion though. When I first heard that Wizard's acquired the rights to Star Wars I hoped that they'd do it as an Alternity campaign and was disappointed when I heard that not only were they not going to, but that they'd cancelled Alternity. Although I have to admit the d20 Star Wars Revised book is really good. I'm undecided on which I'd use if I started a Star Wars campaign but I'd probably end up using the d20 version just to avoid the extra work.

Anime Kidd

Explorer
If your intrested in using Alternity, I suggest you head over to boards at Alternity.Net.
I would avoid the normal FX Rules found in the Gamemaster's Guide, as it is horribly thoughtout and designed. I suggest using the normal psionic rules.

As for me, long time ago I made a quick conversion for Star Wars that covers Jedi and Dark Jedi and notes on Force powers. If you want, I could try to find it and post a link.

Davelozzi

Explorer
AK, I'd be interested in seeing your conversion if you can find it.

Speaking of Alternity/Star Wars conversions, has anyone tried going the other way? I was just flipping through some of my Star*Drive adventures -- some of them could probably be turned into SW adventures without a whole lot of effort.

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Now that I re-read the post, I think you guys mean Star Wars D20 to Alternity? If you did, I jumped the gun a bit. :eek: I never did a SW D20 to Alternity. Anyways, as for my SW write-up, heres a link, it might help you.

Last edited:

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Actually, the Alternity Psionics system would probably work better for force powers than the FX system, unless you really want to do a lot of tweaking.

Of course, I'd just have everyone chip in a few bucks and get a copy of the Star Wars Revised Core Rules, but that's just me. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases