Looking for Eberron adventures modules

Roger_the_jolly

First Post
Hi,

I want to run an adventure for 4E level 5 characters in Eberron.
I'm sure that there are many adventure modules written for 3.5E that could be easily converted, and I'm looking for recommendations.

I'm guessing that a level 7-8 3.5E will be about right for level 5 4E characters.

So, Have you played and can you recommend any such adventure?
Could you tell what is the main hook of the plot and what did you enjoy most in the adventure?
Is there any site where I can see player ratings for modules?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger the jolly

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I've run the first chapter of Eyes of the Lich Queen, and it's quite cool. It starts at level 5 with a raid on a lizardfolk temple, so it should be pretty easy to convert.
-blarg

Roger_the_jolly

First Post
Thanks guys, I just read the synopsis of eyes of the lich queen and it seems nice.
Unfortunatly I think that the DM in an Eberron group i'm in is running us in it ;) (I'll ask him next time)

Anyway, I looked around a bit and saw this module "grasp of the emerald claw" - Grasp of the Emerald Claw - has anyone played it?

pweent

Explorer
'm guessing that a level 7-8 3.5E will be about right for level 5 4E characters.

In my experience, you're doing the level adjustment in the wrong direction. The fourth edition characters should be higher level than the third edition adventure calls for. Due to the thirty-level spread in 4e, creatures in the MM tend to be of higher level than their 3e counterparts, so the 4e characters need to be higher level to remain at the right challenge level. Also, in most cases 4e characters have to get to higher levels before they have access to some abilities 3e characters may take for granted (flight, waterbreathing).

Generally, you'll find that you want to be running 4e characters through adventures targeted for lower level 3e characters, not higher. I'd look for adventures targeted at levels 3-4, not 7-8.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases