Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet)
Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman)
Ali Larter (Tracy Strauss)
James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi)
Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura)
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli)
Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray/Sylar)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)

Recurring Role:Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet)
Malcolm McDowell (Daniel Linderman)
Jessalyn Gilsig (Meredith Gordon)
Brea Grant (Daphne Millbrook)
David Anders (Adam Monroe)
Jamie Hector (Benjamin "Knox" Washington)

Guest Star: David H. Lawrence XVII (Eric Doyle)
Alan Blumenfeld (Maury Parkman)
Andre Royo (Stephen Canfield)

Matt catches a glimpse of the future, Claire closes down on her first villain, but so are others, Peter finds that his visit to the future has changed him, and Hiro and Ando try to bond with Daphne.

DonTadow

First Post
MUCH better, we're finally getting some answers.
Very good episode and as I said last week i think thei getting on the right direction.

I like how peter's a natual (probably sylar too) and nathan's not. I lke this other corporation. I like that they explained the alternate pesonalities. This may also explain nicki/jessica. Linderman is definately dead (yay) and we see some form to the real bad.

And how disgusting was the puppetmaster. That's just sick. I sure hope they save clair's mom. Thats just a disgusting guy.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
This was a GREAT episode! The bit with Claire being disillusioned by her father's lying and backstabbing was great, and juxtaposed perfectly by how Sylar saved her and came across as being the almost-victim. I didn't like how it was done before, but what they're doing now with Sylar becoming heroic as Peter becomes villainous is working quite well now.

The stuff with Mr. Petrelli building an army, and using Maury to do his dirty work (yay with answers about Linderman!) was also ominous to see...excellent stuff. The fact that Mr. Petrelli is stuck in a hospital bed, but still able to pull the strings, is a bit cliche, but really does make him seem that much more imposing.

I don't believe that Hiro really killed Ando. I think that's going to be like in Bill & Ted, where he'll use his time-traveling abilities to go back and make sure that was set up to just look like he killed him. However, this is almost certainly what makes future-Ando think that Hiro betrayed him.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I didn't comment on last week's thread (blah busy weeks!) but to frame my thoughts this week: I thought last week was a disjointed mess of awesome scenes, with a little too much character dumbness.

This week was much better. I think the biggest part was not including Matt's story. Also, Mohinder/Maya got the barest amount of scenes necessary to pay off Nathan's line about him being trustworthy. That freed up a lot of room for other stories, and it showed.

My favorite moment, by far, was Daphne and Ando simultaneously saying, "Kill Ando?" I loved Hiro and Adam's interplay a lot more than Hiro/Daphne. Likewise, I liked Ando and Daphne's interplay in the previous episodes more than I liked Ando/Adam in this one. To me at least, it was perfect.

That said, I think it would have also been badass to stop time and cut on Knox a bit, but whatever.

Nathan and Tracy ripping on Ma Patrelli was great as well. You can tell Nathan has had enough of the Company way back in the second season. He's an easy hire for Parkhurst (right name?). I think it's clear to see it will be Peter siding with Angela and Nathan with Arthur.

I liked that Claire tried to be like HRG, only to be a lot more compassionate. The HRG/Sylar/Claire dynamic was good as well. Finally, I liked that Claire was aghast at HRG being so ruthless, completely opposite to how she was with Black Hole Guy. Even when it was Sylar, Claire couldn't stomach blatant murder.

I completely called Black Hole Guy killing himself. I also was pretty sure that Linderman was Maury; when Daphne figured out he wasn't real, I knew it for sure. Of course, the reveal was right afterward.

My friend, who I would consider a casual viewer, said something interesting - he was completely confused by this episode. He didn't know it was Maury, or Arthur, or what was going on. He said that it's really hard for people to get into it casually, because of this. Also, he specifically called out that there were too many characters. I can't say I disagree with this.

Off Topic thought: The new Ben Folds, Way To Normal, rocks... especially Bitch Went Nuts, which is hilarious.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Easily the Best episode of the season so far. Pacing was a little hectic at the beginning, but the right focus, right amount of reveal.

One of their finest mid-season efforts to date.

Wycen

Explorer
I guess maybe I should have watched Heroes instead of Hero on Spike TV. Oh well, I count it as research for my history class :p

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Excellent! Plots points ae starting to come together, answers hinted at, old characters return.

Hiro WTF!!!!!! WOW! I guess we knew he could be dark by his actions with Adam but that caught me off guard.

If current Peter and Sylar EVER become brothers in arms, run away.

Still too much Claire, Tracy and Natan. They had some good moments but they just don't have appeal.

8.5/10 Rating for me!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases