(IR) What would your PC do, if he or she received the Sending of the Wanderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Public Service Announcement and actions

I am bumping this thread in a plea to everyone on the Boards. If this IR thread is to succeed, we need more people. You can post to this thread to indicate what factions you would like to play. There are MANY MAJOR POWERS which need representatives. I know there are a lot of LGG players on these boards. Barendd, if you are reading this you would make a good addition to the thread.

Please consider my request. Your help could really make this thread more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks.

Incidentally, the Kevellond Alliance will work on secure shelters in its member states and offer to help the Lortmils Technomancy in this effort. (I expect Vecna to have one or two VERY NASTY surprises.)

We will try to help any parties interested in getting to the battle to get there. Remember, if we fail, we share the same fate.

Reprisal: If the UC of Toril wishes to respond to anything I wrote, please do so. Thanks.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
The Rising Sun!

The Celestial Empire has allied with the elves! Horrified by the events that have swept the world in such a brief period of time, as the spies it sent for technology returned also with reports of conflict and war, the great empire refuses to allow Oerth to be enveloped in destruction. Infused by the sudden surge of manpower from this great landmass, the elves of Varnaith and the Lendore isles begin to immediately set into motion a mighty industrialization process. Magic enhanced war factories, hidden in the sheer expanse of the Celestial empire and guarded by elven anti-scrying spells, begin to assemble and build as advanced weaponry as it is can; and at an extraordinary rate.

Imagine an entire land, half as big as the whole of Flanaess, now devoting itself to production, production, production. And it is not only in that distant kingdom that this industrial juggernaut begins to gear up. The Lendore isles began to double, to triple, to increase the building of ocean going ships. Varnaith's armories fill to bursting, and elven forces are outfitted with whatever weaponry the Celestial Empire may provide. The resources for these acts come from, of course, the Celestial Empire.

An elf with a pale red glove on his hand meets with the men and women that lead the new Rising Sun Alliance. Now it is time for these new forces to make their own mark on the world.

Alyx

First Post
To William Ronald

The Rising Sun Alliance is greatly in need of technical sematics.

In exchange for detailed knowledge supplied by your finest, the Rising Sun Alliance will supply an entire army command to aid you in your offense against Vecna. You will also be blessed with the friendship of our people, and the gratitude of millions.

Your philosophy in regards to the great war is too be admired, and we support you in this. Please support us in turn, that together our two great peoples may become the first of many to be blessed with the light of truth.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Mr. Draco

Legions of Kas and your leaders, the Lortmils Technocracy is willing to ally with you and provide you with technological weaponry and assorted other equipment. Consider us an ally.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
The Rising Alliance ambassador accepts the sword with a bow. "Our emporer will be pleased with your gift."

Unless other members of the Kevellond League object to the Rising Sun's proposal, a force of ten thousand warriors, armed with fine swords and the new technology provided by the countless factories of their homeland are put under the service of the League. The elves of the Rising Sun immediatly turn thier attention upon the free city of Greyhawk, trying to discover what forces that city is mustering against the League, and how best to end that particular conflict with as little bloodshed as possible, now that Vecna has done so much damage elsewhere. (The emporer of Celestial does not see this as important, but is willing to aid the elves in any case).

William Ronald

Explorer
I am playing catch up. I will go with the timeline as displayed.

To the Leaders of the Rising Sun:

We great you in peace and friendship. We will supply all that you need. We are flattered that the Rising Sun admires our approach to the war. Ask, and you shall receive our aid. We support you, our brothers and sisters. (Anything they need is given immediately. We ask Gnomeworks, the Lortmils Technomancy and the Eastern Alliance to work with the Rising Sun.)

To Greyhawk:

We did not release any demigods in your area. We are not your adversary. We have found NO evidence of widespread acts of violence from any party on Toril. Indeed, the best intelligence we now have is that there are several factions on Toril. We are not your enemy, but we will defend ourselves if we must. Hopefully, you will see the error of your ways.

The Kevellond Alliance calls on its allies for aid. The call for a universal truce is made, but it seems no one is listening.

People run to the prepared underground shelters upon hearing Vecna's proclamation.

Of Toril:

It looks like Ambassador Gwilym Raonul will be on Toril when Vecna makes his big announcement. If Edena rules it is possible, he communicates with his government EVERYTHING he has learned and the Kevellond League will pass the knowledge along.

Assuming Vecna's statement is a public announcement, an elite Strike Force follows behind his legions to Toril, trying to stop their efforts and aid and assist the native forces. They will seek to contact Gwilym Raonul.

Gwilym Raonul is a priest. Edena, you must determine his power. If Vecna's message is heard on Toril, he then volunteers his aid. If the message is not heard, he volunteers his aid when Vecna's forces appear. Forrester and Reprisal must decide if they will let him help. He will respect their decision, although he is earnest in his desire to help.

Immediately, the Kevellond League contacts ALL parties allied against Vecna to join in the hunt for him. In Rel Astra, ambassadors ask for Kas. In the Celestial Empire and throughout Oerth, the call goes forth.

A second strike force will contact the Aerdi Emperor. Edena, you must decide if they were succesful in contacting SerpentEye before he disappears. If they can go with, they will not attack the Sigilians in their place of power and try to evacuate the Oerth forces.

Word is sent to the Celestials of Arborea about Vecna's actions.

An elite team will try to find Turrosh Mak and his forces. They will ask what is going on and report what they see to the Kevellond League and other interested parties.

A call goes out from the Kevellond Alliance. "Stand against Vecna. We are prepared to stand with you. Fear no rumor. Fight our common foe."

Edena, you must determine what happens. Forester and Reprisal are desperately needed. Everyone, please post.

Turrosh Mak: The elite force from the Kevellond League will accompany you through the gate, calling for mutual aid. As I wrote a very long post, it may be that you got to Toril first, or we did it as near enough.

Like the other force that was sent through by the Kevellond League, they will try to contact Ambassador Gwilym Raonul and the leaders of Toril.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

The Kevellond League responds.

"We have no firm evidence that Toril is an enemy. We judge everything based on evidence, not someone's proclamation. Also, Emperor of Aerdi, it seems they may have a common foe with us now. We are in contact with our forces in the field on Toril. They are commanded to assist those attacked by our common foe."

"We ask that those who are willing to aid Toril, particularly the Lortmils Technocracy, do so."

"We thank all who stand with us in this time of troubles."

William Ronald, the League spokesman and executive leader, turns to the monarchs of its member states. "I hope we hear from Gwilym soon. At least we have allies, thank the gods."

Edena:

I really need you to rule if my ambassador was able to get his message off to Oerth before everything went to hell in a handbasket. If this is so, the League will relay all its information to everyone.

Reprisal and Forrester and the representatives of Toril need to post. If allowed, Gwilym is doing everything in his power to help. If not, he is praying like mad or trying to tend to the wounded.

I am going to be back on the boards in an hour or less. Talk to you soon.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena;

The strike forces from the Kevellond League are desperately trying to help and seek their ambassador. One of their number, the highest ranking member of the Kevellond League, screams "People of Toril, Angels of Hope Island, the Kevellond League stands with you against Vecna's Legions."

A rather large angry army, equipped in a strange array of medieval and modern weaponry, arrives. Some are human of Oeridian origin, of Flan origin, of Suel origin, of Baklunish origin, and many are of mixed origin. Demi-humans stand with them. A trio of half-orc paladins, a kobold priest of Pelor, and a goblin monk are with them. They move, singing the songs of Oerth, and hymns to her gods. For the first time, an army of Oerth acts to aid Toril. If there are any civilians seeing the army, they are likely amazed by its outlandish appearance.

They will do whatever they can to help the injured and injure the Legions of Vecna.

Depending on what Forrester and Reprisal allow their guest to do, Gwilym will help to the best of his ability.

On Oerth, the Kevellond League again sends out its call for the Lortmils Technomancy to assist their allies.

Hmm, got my ruling as I write this. The Kevellond League shares all it learns of Toril with EVERYONE on OERTH. Essentially, everything Gwilym says is relayed to the world.

The Kevellond League offers to prove that it did nor release Zagig. It presents its evidence, and asks Greyhawk to independently confirm it.

There is a LOT of muttering in the Kevellond League about SerpentEye's ploy to obtain divinity. Kas is contacted for advice on Vecna. "The counsel of Vecna's mightiest foe is desired by the Kevellond League."

During this time, all food and supply deliveries continue.

Again, the call for war factions on Oerth to stand down goes out.
The leaders of the Kevellond League hope someone will respond.

I will ask the Celestial Empire of Toril, the Rising Sun, the Eastern Alliance, and others to speak with the Eternal Empire of Kara-Tur. If no one responds, word is sent of our actions to them.
(Edena: I will drop back in shortly. Failed my Will save. Must eat dinner.):)

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Edena, we have a 200 post limit on long threads. Will you please start a part 2, so that I can close this one? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases