What (D&D/D20) adventures would/will you run for Halloween?

Psion

Adventurer
I notice our game day falls on Halloween this year... which has me considering whether we should do something special. I've never been a fan of pulling out a horror game like Call of Cthulhu just for Halloween. It did get me thinking what I might run, though.

So, does anyone have any current favorites or upcoming plans that involve running special horror-themed adventures for some flavor of D&D or D20? Is it published, or something of your own?

I'm thinking of running Cage of Delirium (DCC 34, complete with soundtrack by Midnight Syndicate) by my group.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I have wanted to run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft for the last few years, but time and finances keep conspiring against me.

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
Coincidentally, I'll be running something then. . . does that count? I mean, we don't have Halloween proper, maybe a token party some years, that kind of thing. . .

Also, it'll be one of the Bleeding Edge adventures - would they count as horror-ish? One or two appear to, on the face of it. Also, could anyone who's familiar with them spare maybe one post to let me know which ones are really good? If that's not a derailing or something.

If that's not appropriate for the thread, I'll delete that request (and this paragraph) and start one for the purpose.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to GMing some D&D again. And if it turns out to be horror-fantasy, I'm definitely down with that. :cool:

Nebulous

Legend
I'll be hanging out with my players that evening, but we won't be gaming. I wish we were!

I remember a fun Dungeon vampire adventure that my brother ran years ago:
"By the Dying of the Light." It was pretty cool.

Psion

Adventurer
Also, it'll be one of the Bleeding Edge adventures - would they count as horror-ish?

Many of them are. Beyond the Towers not so much.

Good call though. I might consider those as well.

One or two appear to, on the face of it. Also, could anyone who's familiar with them spare maybe one post to let me know which ones are really good? If that's not a derailing or something.

Mansion of Shadows is certainly creepy enough.

I ran and liked Temple of the Death Goddess, though. It might be a bit frustrating for clerics who actually use their turn ability to turn, and an early Troll encounter is a bit rough, but the concept is sort of cool.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Brilliant, thanks. :)

Actually, this thread of yours has inspired me to take the day in that direction. So, we don't do Halloween much in this country. Yeah? Well, *we* will be. Ha! :p

Treebore

First Post
I try to run Ravenloft (I6) every year. This year I am not running it and the guy who is has also adapted material from "Expedition to Ravenloft" to our game. So starting tonight, and going until Strahd drains us of our blood, we will be playing Ravenloft with parts of Expedition thrown in.

Its been over 18 years since I have tried to survive Ravenloft.

The Human Target

Adventurer
I'm not running anything on Halloween proper, but I'm going to run a heavily modified Expedition to Castle Ravenloft for my 4E group the Sunday before and after the 31st.

I expect much bloodshed and horror.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I may not be able to have my game going again by, or on, Halloween. It may run a little after Halloween, but I was going to run a sidetrek based on the Zhent Headless Horseman article from WoTC.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases