High Psionics: Psionic Feats

Setryo

First Post
Quite simply this supplement is pure bull’s-eye. What could possibly be the answer to “I’m bored with all the feats in the XPH, I have nothing left to take”? High Psionics: Psionic Feats, that’s what. A supplement containing over 60 new feats this book has it all. Want to run faster, hit harder, manifest faster or better? This book is for you.

Measuring 17 pages of stuff (the total is 22 including the title page, other info. and OGL stuff) Psionic Feats gives us a plethora of new options for our characters. Whether you want to be the melee combatant, devastating in melee, dealing extra damage with every strike and pushing foes back or tripping them as you hit or you want to be the powerful psion, damaging opponents from afar but better, making stronger astral constructs, or becoming a savant (no, not the class) with metapsionic feats this supplement can aid you in your desires. Also included are general feats, mantra feats, and even epic feats.

Appearance is always important and here is another area where Psionic Feats excels. In the full-color version (you get it and the black-and-white version with purchase) the pages appear similar to parchment with a stylized border. Attractive without being distracting. All of the feats are written in the standard format so they’re easy to read and interpret. Included is a table (like in many WotC books) of all the feats, their prerequisites, and a summary of what they do; so you don’t have to waste time reading feats that won’t help your current character (though you really should, because these are awesome feats).

Another bonus is the ease of reading through the pdf. I’ve read a number of very poorly bookmarked files and was delighted to find that this was not one of them. Each entry has a bookmark and it is simple to go from one feat to another without wasting time and effort scrolling up or down or page-by-page.

There is almost nothing wrong with this supplement if you like feats (and if you don’t… ?) Seriously, the only bad thing I can say about this book is that a few (and we’re talking about 3 total, so not a big percentage) of the feats seem… uninspired. It was like these feats were taken from the XPH and Improved, Greater, or a similar adjective was added to the front, then the benefit is: whatever the other feat added 10 to, now it’s 15. But this is only a few, barely worth mentioning.

A second complaint I would offer would be the lack of any images within the book itself. There is no fluff to this supplement (not surprising considering it’s a sourcebook for feats) so something to break up the large chunks of text would have been nice.

Overall this is a fine addition to anyone’s library of psionic material, and one that excels at what it does. If you plan on playing any psionic class there’s really no reason not to own this book.

Remove ads