Describe your vision of Gamma World where you live

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so I've always wondered how different people approach Gamma World. Specifically, how would others detail the campaign where they are from?

How would a gamer from Europe detail Gamma World set in Paris or London? What about Russia? What about Australia? What about Central and South America?

So, I'm asking. Describe Gamma World as it would appear where you live. Be general or specific. What characters would dominate the region? Who would be the power groups? Flora and fauna? Where are the adventure sites?

Let the creativity begin! :cool:

KF72

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Lots of secret military locations. Some of those places would still have control over other distant military bases. Maybe some of the comm is running.

This is where the AI would be, other than in Colorado or Washington DC.

Less fighter jets and more larger passenger, cargo, and spy aircraft. Maybe not a lot of experimental tech, but some.

Maybe some control of orbital installations or weaponry. Maybe the AI protect them selves by that control of orbital weaponry.

S'mon

Legend
I dunno, I live in London but I set my Mutant Future games in California, Los Angeles (Genetically Engineered Baywatch Babes and La Raza Antmen) and in New York (Planet of the Apes style, King Louis rules from the Iron Fortress). If I was doing a game set in London, England I might do some kind of neo-King Alfred the Great thing, neo-Saxons vs Pigmen, or whatever nasty mutant race looked like making good baddies.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Well, I've never played Gamma World but I looked up the original Gamma World map on Google. All I can say is the original designers really had it in for Florida and the Gulf Coast. Florida is only about 10% of it's original size. Where I am would be underwater, probably with a lot of mutated marine life swimming through the ruins of the Breakers and Trumps mansion. What's left of Florida is the home territory of the Radioactivists. I'd imagine there's a lot of mutated wildlife and plants, along with sentient plants. A lot of species that had mostly disapeared have come back, with mutated and un-mutated versions. Aligators are now king, plus you have to watch out for panthers and large snakes (anaconda/boa constrictor, etc.).

The last place I lived, Moody AFB/Valdosta GA, is right smack in the middle of Radioactivists territory. Probably full of thick, mutated forrest and rainforrest/jungle. Large radioactive mutated hogzillas are common. There's the possibility of ancient technology still hidden in the military bases of Georgia, with the base of Warner Robbins on the northern border of Radioactivists territory, just a short days travel from the ruins of Atlanta.

My original hometown in Michigan is actually quite nice (relatively speaking). Bucolic and picturesque, it lies on the shores of enlarged Lake Michigan. Mostly woodland and small isolated villages. Relatively peaceful.

Commonblade

First Post
Well for West Texas I would expect something along the lines of Mad Max. Isolated pockets of people with people hoarding oil and raiding between settlements. Lots of hidden cache of guns with most people riding around in four-wheel drive trucks.

For the mutants, Intelligent Killer bee swarms, and Giant mosquitoes that pop up in swarms after radioactive thunderstorms that bring burning hail. Most food would be produced by herds of Gigantic Longhorn steers. The Water lords would have wells that got into deepest parts of the Edwards’s aquifer and trade with the Oil lords and Herd Keepers. The number one threat to everyone though is the giant fire ants. They build their mounds up and are slowly spreading out conquering all in their path.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
All I can say is the original designers really had it in for Florida and the Gulf Coast. Florida is only about 10% of it's original size. Where I am would be underwater, probably with a lot of mutated marine life swimming through the ruins of the Breakers and Trumps mansion. What's left of Florida is the home territory of the Radioactivists. I'd imagine there's a lot of mutated wildlife and plants, along with sentient plants. A lot of species that had mostly disapeared have come back, with mutated and un-mutated versions. Aligators are now king, plus you have to watch out for panthers and large snakes (anaconda/boa constrictor, etc.).

The last place I lived, Moody AFB/Valdosta GA, is right smack in the middle of Radioactivists territory. Probably full of thick, mutated forrest and rainforrest/jungle. Large radioactive mutated hogzillas are common. There's the possibility of ancient technology still hidden in the military bases of Georgia, with the base of Warner Robbins on the northern border of Radioactivists territory, just a short days travel from the ruins of Atlanta.
I like all that. Very interesting. I especially like the part about the ruins of of the Breakers and Trumps mansion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases