Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

Shade

Monster Junkie
Probably ranged touch like a splash weapon targeting a creature.

How's this?

Absorb Magical Fire (Su): Fire and heat generated by magic items, spells, or the like serve to heal a blazing bones. A magical attack that deals fire damage heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause the blazing bones to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains 1 negative level. A blazing bones with a negative level gains a +1 competence bonus on all skill checks and ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws, and gains one effective level or Hit Die (whenever level is used in a die roll or calculation) for each negative level. A spellcaster gains one spell slot of the highest level of spells she can cast and (if applicable) one prepared spell of that level. These gains persist until the negative level goes away. A negative level that is not removed after 24 hours becomes permanent, resulting in advancement by 1 HD.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Looks pretty good, but I think we need to specify when or why negative levels might go away (so they don't automatically result in permanent HD advancement).

Hurl fire with ranged touch sounds right. Should this deal double damage against creatures immune to cold?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Looks pretty good, but I think we need to specify when or why negative levels might go away (so they don't automatically result in permanent HD advancement).

Hmmm...are we overcomplicating this with negative levels?

Hurl fire with ranged touch sounds right. Should this deal double damage against creatures immune to cold?

I'd be fine with leaving it to the cold subtype to do its +50% damage, but if you want to expand it to deal additional damage to undead with immunity to cold, I could handle that.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Extra damage to undead immune to cold seems a bit overmuch, I think.
Agreed, let's just leave it as is, and the cold subtype will do its job.

Regarding negative levels: why don't we say that Absorb Magical Fire gives temporary hp that last 24 hours and that they have a negative level as long as they have temporary hp? This way, some adventuring group can knock the negative level off. Or is that too complicated?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Regarding negative levels: why don't we say that Absorb Magical Fire gives temporary hp that last 24 hours and that they have a negative level as long as they have temporary hp? This way, some adventuring group can knock the negative level off. Or is that too complicated?

Dunno. Demiurge?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

The 3e version currently has too many feats. It only gets two.

Here are its 3e feats: Alertness, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Toughness

A blazing bones is about 6 feet tall and weighs x pounds.

A blazing bones can be created by ...

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The hurl fire is a ranged touch attack, yes? Let's put it into the Attack line, and give it Point Blank Shot and Improved Initiative for its feats.

I'm thinking the CR on this guy is a bit inflated. I'd dial it down to 4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases