Wizard Wands?

Ibixat

First Post
Can a wizard wield a longsword in one hand and a wand in the other and use either one interchangeably. Not that the sword would be swung around much but if an OA comes up may as well swing one rather than punch.

after much digging (and even checking the errata this time) I can't seem to find an answer in the books for this one, I'd think it's possible but everyone else seems to know more about this stuff than I do anyway =)

DracoSuave

First Post
Absolutely. Wands are not a two-handed item, swords aren't, so you can certainly do so. In fact, a warlock could have a sword and a pactknife if they so chose.

kerbarian

Explorer
Depending on your party composition and what kind of fight you're expecting, a wand in one hand and a potion in the other can also be a good option.

DracoSuave

First Post
Given that's it's a minor action to use a potion from its storing place (doesn't need to be in hand per se, merely not hidden in your backpack) a potion in hand might be a waste of hand.

Kordeth

First Post
Given that's it's a minor action to use a potion from its storing place (doesn't need to be in hand per se, merely not hidden in your backpack) a potion in hand might be a waste of hand.

Unless you're talking about characters with Quick Draw, I can't find this rule in the PHB. Source?

Remove ads