[Goblinoid Games] Original Edition Characters for Labyrinth Lord

Goblinoid Games

First Post

Original Edition Characters is a player’s supplement for Labyrinth Lord. An alternate method of creating characters is introduced, with character classes more similar to the way they were presented in the original 1974 rules. Welcome back to playing fighting men, clerics, magic-users, halflings, dwarves, and elves that can be fighting men in one game session and magic-users in the next. This book is a self contained guide to making characters in this style, and will require the Labyrinth Lord core rules.

Buy it at Your Games Now!

In print at Lulu!

Also available as a free text file at the Open Game Content Library.

Napftor

Explorer
As a publisher thinking about producing LL modules, should I be using this newest release for PC rules or is it simply more options in addition to the core LL release? Thanks in advance!

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
As a publisher thinking about producing LL modules, should I be using this newest release for PC rules or is it simply more options in addition to the core LL release? Thanks in advance!

I believe that these new rules are to OD&D (1974) as the original Labyrinth Lord rules are to B/X D&D (Red Box). So, ultimately it depends upon which fanbase you want to appeal to — those who play OD&D or those who play B/X D&D.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
I got this yesterday and read through it. Very nice job replicating OD&D rules Dan. We will also be having some LL supplements coming out in December.

Goblinoid Games

First Post

These are just more options. In fact they are set up in a way that modules written for the regular LL rules should be perfectly usable with these new options, so there is no conversion needed. Thanks for asking!

Goblinoid Games

First Post
Dan- is Advanced Labyrinth Lord still a possibility? Had a customer ask the other day who got one of the copies we had a Gen Con.

I'm still weighing various possibilities. If I do something it will not be essentially the same thing as OSRIC. I'd lean toward something that is completely interchangeable with Labyrinth Lord. It would be a big project so I wouldn't get around to it for a while.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases