Kobold Quarterly #7

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I stopped by my FLGS at lunch today, and saw that KQ#7 was out. Grabbed it immediately (and once again reminded myelf that I need to re-subscribe). It has a gorgeous William O'Connor cover, and on the train home I hope to dig into the content, including:

- Monsters of Osirion (Pathfinder content)
- Horrors of Steam & Iron
- Sandy Peterson interview
- Ecology of the Centaur, by Wolfgang Baur

Arcane Power is labeled "Poweder Burn: Spells of the Gun." Can't wait to check that out.

Monkey King

Explorer
I'm curious to hear what you think of it, especially the Gunpowder magic and the airships. And all the official Pathfinder monsters.

Jack99

Adventurer
Yeah, there's been curiously little support for the 4E content, and only mild complaint by the 3E crowd.

TBH, you have always seemed, well, not very interested in 4e, so for my part, even though I like your work throughout the years, I figured you would stick with the OGL and Pathfinder.

So since I do not want to invest in a magazine where I have to convert most of the crunch, I never bothered to try to be part of convincing you to change. Life too short for that.

Also remember that the 4e crowd has had eDragon (and eDungeon for that matter) for free for the last 5 months or so. That might have caused some who otherwise would have wanted KQ to go 4e to not care.

/shrug

Monkey King

Explorer
TBH, you have always seemed, well, not very interested in 4e, so for my part, even though I like your work throughout the years, I figured you would stick with the OGL and Pathfinder.

Huh. I like Pathfinder very much (thus the official Pathfinder content in the issue), but I also have a 4E Open Design project underway in Wrath of the River King, and I've been playing a fair bit of it. And I'm the author of 4E content in the current issue.

How much 4E do I gotta write to convince you, exactly? 50,000 words? 100,000? :)

Remove ads