Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Board

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Am I allowed to roll to get out of the net, attack the hivemaster and each rat in one turn? It would make things faster, and fair too. You kinda just did 17 damange in one turn to me... From that it makes more sense to just stay in the net, i just took 17 damange. If I leave the net and use a blood point, get back 10 health, I will probably lose another 15+ dmg from them and probably die. And if I was to search my surroundings for something to help me fight, would that take up a whole turn too?

Getting out of the net would count as an action. You'd be better off getting out of the net so you're not lying prone on the ground giving them all bonuses to attacking you. You can move after you get out of the net but you can't take an action until your next turn. Searching the area for something would also be your turn yes and I'll just move you to the square that it's in because it doesn't make sense that weapons are simply lying everywhere. And don't forget that healing is a free action and can be done at anytime even if you are unconscious at negative hp.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Getting out of the net would count as an action. You'd be better off getting out of the net so you're not lying prone on the ground giving them all bonuses to attacking you. You can move after you get out of the net but you can't take an action until your next turn. Searching the area for something would also be your turn yes and I'll just move you to the square that it's in because it doesn't make sense that weapons are simply lying everywhere. And don't forget that healing is a free action and can be done at anytime even if you are unconscious at negative hp.

Also, just know that the only things lying around to use as weapons are loose bricks and a metal pipe. They are located at the other end of the room from where you are.

Strider_Koln

First Post
Before I move, what are the stats for the pipe? Also, could I charge and grapple him in the same turn? And if I win the grapple, does that result in a new attack?

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Before I move, what are the stats for the pipe? Also, could I charge and grapple him in the same turn? And if I win the grapple, does that result in a new attack?

The stats for the pipe are dmg: 1d6 crit: 20 (x2) range: 10ft (so 2 squares) type: bashing

You can't charge and grapple in the same turn. You can attack someone who you are grappling but not in the turn that you start grappling them. First you have to see if you grapple them and then you attack them by making more successful grapple checks. You can only use your fists though. As vampires you can also choose to throw an opponent if you have a high enough strength (don't even try if your STR isn't above 17) or bite them to feed.

Last edited:

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Little Thing About Movement Rules

Movement rules make combat more realistic and exciting and having the map to view at the click of a link should make our battles go by much more smoothly. Here are some basic things you should know about the movement rules.

Moving: You may take a 5 foot step moving your character one square as a as your move action. This doesn't mean that you can step in, attack, and then move elsewhere. The 5 foot step is the only kind of movement that you can also make an attack action before or after. When moving more than 5 feet you cannot use an attack. You can however do things like use a discipline or pick up an object off the floor.

Withdraw: You may withdraw from combat with an enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity by moving out of their space and not taking any other action. You can move double your movement speed this way. This will only work if you can avoid entering any spaces adjacent to your enemy besides the one you start in.

There's a whole slew of other things that you can do in combat. You can read all about this in the Monte Cook's WoD book under "Playing the Game". Some special things you can do are aid another in combat, bull rush, charge, disarm, feint, and grapple. Please ask me to explain these before doing them, especially grappling since it's rather complicated.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases