Short Story on WOTC Site, by a certain flying rat

Jack99

Adventurer
Yeah, it's fun. But it did remind me enormously of another dragon story, I just can't recall which one. But maybe our local rodent can help with that?

Either way, I think it's great with these small short stories. I hope we get more of those.

Phaezen

First Post
Yeah, it's fun. But it did remind me enormously of another dragon story, I just can't recall which one. But maybe our local rodent can help with that?

You aren't thinking about the Dragonlance short story with the guy hiring the best dragon hunters and leading them to a dragons lair?

Phaezen

But it did remind me enormously of another dragon story, I just can't recall which one. But maybe our local rodent can help with that?

Afraid not. I'm not denying that writing is influenced by what the author's read, so there may have been some subconscious influence from something I'd come across previously. But I'm not aware of any such, and I wasn't deliberately trying to evoke anything.

In either case, I'm glad you liked it. :)

Edit to add: WARNING: Spoilers may follow beyond this point, as discussion continues. If you plan to read the story, do so before reading any further in this thread.

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
Afraid not. I'm not denying that writing is influenced by what the author's read, so there may have been some subconscious influence from something I'd come across previously. But I'm not aware of any such, and I wasn't deliberately trying to evoke anything.

I did, and after thinking about it, I am pretty sure that Phaezen was right. It's the DL story about the dragon that hires the greatest heroes of the land to kill itself.

Cheers

Phaezen

First Post

It was a nice surprise to see in my google reader this morning, and provided an entertaining diversion from work over a cup of coffee ;).

I for one hope that this is the start of an ongoing series of short stories on the wotc website, although my work productivity might dissagree:blush:.

Phaezen

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Very nice Ari! I think I posted in the Draconomicon thread just a little while ago that I've always liked dragons and stories of dragons that can live in humanoid form. It's not so much the form that matters, but that these types of stories tend to get into the mind of the dragon in a way that others don't. Very nice story indeed.:cool:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases