Are you small? Scaly? Bitter?...

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
...so is this guy...

Deity-A-Week continues with Kurtulmak, the kobold god, done justice my style!

Next up is Damh of the Sylvan deities. Feel free to request others!

As warned, the real-world gods are going into Asgard, so get your Finnish/Celtic/Sumerian/whatnot fix there, mi amigos!

And look soon for an update to the archive at Stuff, Etc.

Enjoy the scaly goodness!

And a word...the thread may not be quite "a-week" for a while, as I'm attending classes and working and running a campaign and writing for some modest pay all while doing this. And, sadly, this comes kinda close to the bottom (though it's nowhere near going totally away, as long as people continue to want 'em.)

I'll keep it up when I can, but there may be longer gaps between the deities than there was during the summer months. Hope you guys forgive me. ^_^

--Jacob

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Umbran said:

The kobold version of HOL's "Church'n'Munch"?

Oh my God, someone else who's seen HOL. We used to be friends with HOL's artist, when he looked at Looking Glass with Sagiro & KidCthulhu.

Graf

Explorer
Piratecat said:

Oh my God, someone else who's seen HOL. We used to be friends with HOL's artist, when he looked at Looking Glass with Sagiro & KidCthulhu.

I thought HOL was seminal and everybody knew about it (like Cthulhu or Paranoia everybody knows about and either loves or hates). I almost bought it last week but my self imposed limits narrowly allowed me to excape only buying the Monsternomicron.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Graf said:
I thought HOL was seminal and everybody knew about it

Many people, perhaps. Not everyone. In fact, I've found knowledge of HOL to be "localized" into pockets. When one person gets a hold of it, it spreads through to their immediate friends, but doesntt go too much farther than that. It's humor is such that you probably don't show it to just anyone.

From a sales point of view, HOL has a problem. If your usual gamer picks it up, flips it open and looks at it, he sees a mess and puts it back down without much investigation. The fact that mess is intentional and artfully done doesn't really sink in unless you take a deeper look at it...

Personally, my very favorite thing in HOL has to be the "Chart Chart". :)

And now, somewhere, I must use Sponkh-wieldinhg kobolds...

Remove ads