Forked Thread: Chicago Gameday XXI - Return to the Slave Pits - PC planning thread

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Forked from: Chicago Gameday XXI is November 8th: SIGN UP!

buzz said:
[section]
Morning Game 3: Return to the Slave Pits of the Undercity: Assault on the Temple of the Slavelords
D&D 4e, Vyvyan Basterd
[imager]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/A1SlavePitsCover.jpg/150px-A1SlavePitsCover.jpg[/imager]
[bq]It is time to put a stop to the marauders! For years the coastal towns have been burned and looted by the forces of evil. You and your fellow adventurers have been recruited to root out and destroy the source of these raids. But beware the slavers as hundreds of good men and women have been taken and have never been seen or heard from again!

This event is designed for five 4th-level characters and uses the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition rules. The event is BYOC – bring your own character. Pre-generated characters will be available if you do not wish to create your own. When signing up please let me know if you intend to make a character or wish to play a pre-gen. The following rules apply to be eligible to play your own character:

1) Races, Classes, Feats, Powers, and Equipment from any published Wizards of the Coast supplement are available, including online content, excluding play test material such as the artificer.
2) You must use Method 1 (Standard Array) or Method 2 (Customizing Scores) to generate your ability scores.
3) Your character may choose three magic items: one 5th-level, one 4th-level, and one 3rd-level item. You may choose items of a lower level than allowed, but you will receive no “change” for doing so. Your character also starts with 100 gp.
4) You must email a legible character sheet to me no later than Friday, October 31, 2008. Please note any non-Core choices you have made and from what source they are derived. I may ask you to bring any source material to Gameday to which I will not have access.

The composition of the group is in your hands! I will not enforce role coverage, although I highly recommend it. Other than that bit of advice, please discuss among yourselves.[/bq]
1. Trevalon Moonleirion (Warlock [fey]) [Striker]
2. bigznak (Dwarf Cleric) [Leader]
3. AstroCat (Human Rogue) [Striker]
4. evilgenius8000 (Elf or Dragonborn Fighter) [Defender]
5. Solodan (Elf Cleric [Ranger]) [Leader/striker]
[highlight]This event is full.[/highlight]
[/section]

Please use this forked thread to discuss class choices and party composition. Let myself and the other players know if you intend to BYOC. If anyone does not wish to make a character I welcome any volunteers to make a pre-gen PC to fill the gap since it will save me some work and help prevent DM bias in the making of the character. In fact, I'm looking for a volunteer to create a sixth PC for the phantom walk-in slot. I plan to stick with 5 players, but if we get a lot of walk-ins I'll do my part to accomodate.

Last edited:

Solodan

First Post
I'll happily play an elvish bow cleric :) Get that base covered.

I can also bring a pre-gen or two just in case.

Last edited:

bigznak

First Post
I was thinking of playing a Dwarven Cleric of Pelor dedicated to healing. Got to keep the party alive some how. :) I can change my idea if we have too many clerics.

Solodan

First Post
I was thinking of playing a Dwarven Cleric of Pelor dedicated to healing. Got to keep the party alive some how. :) I can change my idea if we have too many clerics.

Do you plan on being up in the thick of it(melee/str build) or do you plan on using more ranged attacks?

Just curious.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases