16th-level Monster Conversions

the Jester

Legend
EYE OF THE DEEP--- Level 16 Elite Controller
Medium aberrant magical beast--- XP 2800
---
Initiative +13; Senses Perception +12; all-around vision, darkvision
Eyes of the Beholder aura 5; at the start of each enemy’s turn, if it within the aura and in the eye of the deep’s line of sight, the eye of the deep uses one random eye ray power against that creature.
HP 310; Bloodied 155
AC 32; Fortitude 30; Reflex 28; Will 32
Saving Throws +2
Speed fly 4 (hover), swim 6
Action Points 1
---
[Melee basic] Claw (standard; at will): +21 vs. AC; 1d10+5 damage.

[Melee] Double Claw Attack (standard; at will): The eye of the deep makes two claw attacks. If both hit the same target, the eye of the deep makes a secondary bite attack: +23 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage.

[Close] Central Eye (minor; at will) Radiant: Close blast 4; targets each creature in blast; +18 vs. Reflex; Hit: 1d6+7 radiant damage and the target is blinded (save ends).

[Ranged] Eye Rays (standard; at will) See text: The eye of the deep can use up to two eye ray powers chosen from the list below. Each eye ray must target a different creature. Using eye rays does not provoke opportunity attacks.

1- Paralyzing Ray (Psychic): Ranged 8; +20 vs. Fortitude; target suffers 1d10+7 psychic damage and is immobilized (save ends).

2- Ray of Phantasms (Illusion, Psychic): Ranged 8; +20 vs. Will; 1d10+7 psychic damage and target slides 2.

3- Stunning Ray (Lightning): Ranged 8; +20 vs. Reflex; 3d6+7 lightning damage, and target is stunned until the end of its next turn.
---
Alignment evil; Languages Deep Speech
Str 21; Dex 21; Wis 18
Con 19; Int 18; Cha 25

JesseGamer

First Post
hey i'm playin D&D right now and can't find any solid info on deodanths such as racial abilities, hit die, bonuses to ability scores, alignment, etc.. so i was wondering if you could tell me those things (base ability scores, hit die, and other things for a low level player charector that i can re-use when i level up) well thank you

the Jester

Legend
hey i'm playin D&D right now and can't find any solid info on deodanths such as racial abilities, hit die, bonuses to ability scores, alignment, etc.. so i was wondering if you could tell me those things (base ability scores, hit die, and other things for a low level player charector that i can re-use when i level up) well thank you

Well, the stats I did here are conversions from memory from Arduin Grimoire, a fairly obscure game that was really a dnd "add-on" back in the day. I believe the author was David Hargrave. You might be able to find something by Googling deodanth, Arduin, or Hargrave's name, but for true earlier edition dnd stats you may be out of luck unless you find someone's homebrewed conversions.

Anyway, Arduin allowed deodanth pcs (or just about anything else, really!) but I don't think they would be a balanced part of this nutritious campaign.

the Jester

Legend
Here is the revised pistol wraith, mostly with modified formatting and updated damage values. However, I also changed its encounter power to be more dangerous by draining healing surges instead of just costing one upon a hit.

Attachments

• Pistol Wraith.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 76

the Jester

Legend
Here's the revised deodanth, including several slightly lower level versions, which makes the whole idea of the levels these monsters are listed at somewhat ridiculous, even moreso than it already was. Ah well. :)

These guys saw tons of revisions, including the ones I hadn't posted here before (brewed up a couple of years ago for use on my hapless players). The soldiers are more soldiery, timeslip is more interesting and easier to keep track of, etc. Oh, and my lurkers are way more lurky than they were.

Attachments

• Deodanth.pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 139

Remove ads