[Mage: the Awakening] Legacy of the Stone Assembly

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, I got that. Sorry for delay. Yesterday I wasn't online much, and before that I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing. :)

Posting will now continue!

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Here's a diagram of the second floor of Cormant House. I am the Prince of Paint!
hella_tellah-albums-legacy-stone-assembly-picture301-cormant-house-2nd-floor.gif

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! I spent it finishing the first Harry Dresden novel, which was excellent inspiration for describing stuff in Mage. I also got about halfway through the novelization of The Temple of Elemental Evil. I don't usually read D&D novels, but I bought it for a buddy for Christmas and couldn't help but read it while I had it. Trashy paperback novels are seriously addictive.

Small heads-up: I'm getting knee surgery on Tuesday morning, so I may not be able to post that day. I'll be house-bound for about 10 days after that, though, so I'll probably be downright prolific during that time. So if it seems like I'm typing on painkillers for a day or so, you'll know why! :p

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Don't I need a roll to determine whether I recognize/remember it?

1 success is enough to identify a resonance uniquely, and to recognize it if you've seen it before. You've seen Tremere resonance, and you've seen the aftermath of a soul-stripping, but you haven't met this particular Tremere yet.

Mage: The Awakening said:
Identity: (1 success) Each resonance or aura is as unique as a fingerprint. If a mage has seen or studied a resonance before and is familiar with it, one success allows him to recognize the subject. He can recognize the resonance of the subject regardless of any sort of physical disguise or transformation, allowing him to detect people in disguise or under the effects of a transformative spell. With five successes, he can recognize shapeshifters in any of their forms. There are some means of disguising a subject’s resonance (see below).

The blurb doesn't say what constitutes "studied", so I've decided that scrutinizing enough to get 1 success allows recognition of that resonance in the future. Prometheus got 6 successes on scrutinizing so far, so he's definitely capable of recognizing this Tremere Lich's resonance if he sees it again.

Last edited:

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Solarious won't be able to post for a little while. Into each life, some Finals must fall. :eek: Until s/he returns, I'm going to have Jeremiah help Gabriel out, since he's calling for aid now.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Hm... It appears as though I can see this one.

I'm sorry, I was unclear. Prometheus cannot see this spirit at all. Were he to scrutinize for resonance, he might identify the emotional urging going on, but without any capacity to see spirits in Twilight, he has no way of knowing there's a spirit in this room. Well, beyond what Thorn tells him.

Likewise, Prometheus has not heard the voice of the child in the other room.

So how do you want us to revise the dialogue in game. Could we just write it off as a random fluke, or should I go back and fix Prometheus' words to reflect what actually happened. For now, I'll simply keep going as if he never saw the succubus, but if I should edit the old post, let me know.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
So how do you want us to revise the dialogue in game. Could we just write it off as a random fluke, or should I go back and fix Prometheus' words to reflect what actually happened. For now, I'll simply keep going as if he never saw the succubus, but if I should edit the old post, let me know.

No worries. Unless you guys decide to go back in there, it's pretty much a resolved issue. Nothing came of it, so we'll just pretend Prometheus didn't say anything that suggests he saw the spirit. You can change it if you like, but it's not a big deal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases