[Mage: the Awakening] Legacy of the Stone Assembly

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Absolutely! If you still like the character you posted a few months back, we can go ahead and introduce him when the characters get to Benefit. You're also more than welcome to make up a new character concept if you like.

I'd like to start running things again a week from today, but we can add people in later on if that's inconvenient. We'll be starting up again as Thorn, Prometheus and Levanna go to a commune west of Boston called "Benefit." They're going there looking for the previous occupant of their sanctum and the last person known to have looked into the disappearance of the Stone Assembly, a sorceress called "Miss Jane." Benefit has been around for a long time, and it's known in the Awakening community to be run by a cabal of mages. WD, let's try to come up with a reason your character might be at Benefit.

Walking Dad

First Post
What arcana are needed (if any)?

How much should the character know of the game so far?

Would this be an ok picture or is the actor already used in anyones background?

Last edited:

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
What arcana are needed (if any)?

Right now the group has Mind 2, Prime 3, Time 1, Death 1, Forces 1, Life 2, Spirit 2, Life 3, and Spirit 3, so we're light on Fate, Matter, and Space, if you want to make the decision on that basis. The plot is veering toward Spirit-based phenomena, though, so consider that. Remember that I've made Paths optional for this game, so you may choose any two arcana as Ruling and any one arcanum as Inferior--or you can just pick a Path, which does the same thing.

How much should the character know of the game so far?

Up to you, really, depending on how you'd like the character to meet up with the cabal. If he's living at Benefit, probably not much at all--they're a pretty insular community. If he's working for the Consilium, then he might know a few things that The Nemean, Heirarch of the local Consilium, would have told him. If he's in the Guardians of the Veil, he might be conducting a little espionage on the group, in which case he could know quite a lot about them. Regardless of his backstory, he could also roll Intelligence + Politics -3 (the cabal doesn't have much of a reputation--yet) to see what he's heard.

Off the top of my head, here are a few connections the group has that might connect your character up with them and make your character more likely to know them:

• A Tremere Lich enemy
  • Cambridge, MA, home to both Harvard and MIT.
  • New Age mysticism
  • The Adamantine Arrow
  • The Mysterium (by way of Thorn's mentor)
  • The Free Council
Would this be an ok picture or is the actor already used in anyones background?

Very cool!

Walking Dad

First Post
000002-adrien_brody.jpg

Former police officer, turned PI
He will be viewing magic through the lens of Kabbalah (not the new age, but the real thing). Specializing in Spirit, Fate and /or Space.

After loosing his job for taking money from the wrong persons, DJ settled down as a private investigator. Loosing his apartment, sportscar and girl-friend (in that order) he began a new life Boston.

I will wirte-up a day in life for DJ and post it at the beginning of the next week

[sblock=character sheet]

Daniel Jacob Goldstein, PI
Hair: Short, Brown Eyes: Green Ht: 6'2'' Wt: 185 pounds
Virtue: Faith Vice: Greed
Mysterium

PHYSICAL(5) MENTAL(4) SOCIAL(3)
Strength : ** Intelligence : ** Presence : **
Dexterity : *** Wits : *** Manipulation : *
Stamina : *** Resolve : *** Composure : ***

Skills:
Mental (7)
Academics * (Kabbalah)
Computer *
Medicine *
Occult **
Investigation **

Physical (11)
Athletics *
Brawl **
Drive *
Firearms *** (pistol, lt.)
Larceny *
Stealth **
Weaponry * (knife)

Social (4)
Intimidation *
Persuasion *
Streetwise *
Subterfuge *

Merits (7):
Status 1 (PI), Language 2 (German, Ifrit), High Speech (bonus, Magical Tradition 2 (Kabbalah), Status 1 (Mysterium), Mentor 1

Health: 8
Willpower: 6
Wisdom: 7

Nimbus: Sacred Desert

Arcana (Prime & Space ruling, Death inferior)
Space 3
Prime 2
Spirit 1

Rotes
Twisting Threads / Untouchable (Space 2, Armor)
Nothing up my Sleeve / Apportation (Space 2)
Eye of the Magus / Supernatural Vision (Prime 1)
Analyze Enchanted Item / Artfact Hunt (Prime 1)

Mana 7

Size: 5 Speed: 10 Initiative: 6
Defense: 3 Armour: - (normally uses Untouchable)

Equipment (worn): light pistol, ammo, watch, clothing, poceket-knife.

[/sblock]

The only reason I became a PI was because I lost my police job.
My granddad was a cop, my father, my uncles, all cops. Back then, cops were the law and cops had respect. By the time I became a cop, it was a whole another game. Sensitivity classes, social working, civilian review board, police brutality suits, corruption…
Now, don’t get it wrong here, I wasn’t let go because I was crooked… ok, I was. I know it was foolish…
Thing is, being a PI wasn’t like being a cop. I used to love walking into a crime scene and trying to figure out what happened. As a PI, all you do is sleazy spy work, like trailing lying spouses getting a little extra on the side. That work gets old fast.

The car is a nice green metallic American Sedan badly in need of a wash.
Will add more later.

Last edited:

Remove ads