[Mage: the Awakening] Legacy of the Stone Assembly

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Alright so for organization reasons I’ve tried to gather the scattered details of characters in the next couple of posts. I’ve added a few comments.

We’ll do this one at a time.

Prometheus

[sblock=Picture and description]
51.jpg

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey

[/sblock]

[sblock=Character sheet]
Shadow Name: Prometheus
Concept: Blind Leading Blind

Virtue: Fortitude
Vice: Pride (Vanity)

Ruling: Prime, Mind
Inferior: Life
Order: none yet

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 2, Resolve 2
Physical Attributes: Strength 1, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3
Social Attributes: Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 5

Mental Skills: Academics (History) 3, Occult(Resonance) 5, Politics 2
Physical Skills: Drive 1, Athletics 1, Survival 1, Weaponry 1
Social Skills: Animal Ken 1, Subterfuge 2, Empathy 1, Expression 2, Persuasion 2

Health: 8
Willpower: 7
Wisdom: 7
XP: 3 and 1 arcane

Size: 5
Speed: 8
Initiative: 7
Defense: 2
Armor:

Gnosis: 3
Mana: 1 (max: 12, 3/turn) (3 tass in wand)
Pattern: Restoration (1/day), Scouring (1/day)
Nimbus: Afraid to stray to far from his person

Arcana: Mind 2, Prime 3, time 1

Rote Specialties: None
Rotes: None
Dedicated Magical Tool: The handle of King Solomon's Bronze jar (doesn't have one at the moment, but would like this)
Enchanted Items: Single Use wand of counterspell (made of Tass)

Mage Merits: 1 to shared hallow
Social Merits:

[/sblock]

You don’t have ‘rote skills’ or high speech because that requires and order. (Aside - are you looking to have you character join one at some point during the chronicle, or do you want to keep him more of an outsider?) However, you should still have:

Rotes - You have 6 dots to spend. To help keep the ‘raw power’ idea you could buy fewer high dot rotes (1 or two 3dot rotes).

Merits - I’m not sure this adds up. What’s the rule for raising your Gnosis with merits? I can’t seem to find it.

Specialties - You seem to be missing one. Was it suppose to be with subterfuge? There’s nothing between the brackets.

Experience - Did you do anything with it yet?

[sblock=background]

Place of Birth: Wheelright, Massachusetts
Relatives: Emily Faust (mother), Robert Faust (father)
Mentor: Charles Walker (real name unknown, (Forces Space Ruling), Tremere Lich)
Marital Status: Not attached

Occupation: Graduate History Student (University of Massachusetts)
Current Residence: Cambridge, Massachusetts

Born in a small rural town, Joseph found himself totally unprepared for awakening. It wasn't until college that he fully understood or could control his powers, and in that manner they remained a secret.

He used his status as a history major at UMass to research all things arcane, using all resources he could get his hands on at the library there. During his studies, he found another who shared his interests, Charles Walker, and the two grew fairly close. One day, Joseph entered Charles' study unanounced, only to find the other moving books around magically. Delighted at knowing another like himself, Joseph told Charles everything about his limited mystical career. In turn, Charles taught Joseph some of what he knew of magic.

Joseph learned much over the course of his time with Charles, learning about the essence of magic, Prime, Mind, and Time. However, he learned nothing of paradox, cabals, or orders. Only through natural caution did he not suffer from the first, nor the attention of the other two.

However, when graduation came around Charles had gained entry into the Tremere. Through his true name, Charles has repeatedly attacked Joseph, and only through luck has he survived thus far. Recently, Joseph has hidden his trail from Charles, but the problem remains unresolved. Daily wards from scrying are all that separate him from his predator.

Through his experience with Charles, Joseph learned the rudiments of magic, but his knowledge is incomplete at best. He depends mostly on his sheer power to perform spells, in a way that other mages might describe as brutish. Pushing spells through carelessly, many of his spells go awry. Furthermore, his knowledge of true magic is blended in with his knowledge of the occult in general (he can't read high atlantean). Still to suffer from a paradox, he has no qualms about casting spells when he needs to. Only his natural caution, and his fear of Charles, stay his hand.

Since then, he has experimented with Sleepers, attempting to figure out the things that go with awakening. As of yet, he has had no success. In fact, he has yet to witness an awakening other than his own. In the cabal, he hopes to find out something of awakening from the other members, and to apply it to his study of sleepers.

He chose Prometheus as a shadow name to finally hide his true name, only several days before he joined the cabal. He chose it to represent giving 'fire', or magic, to the sleepers. In reality, its meaning more closely resembles 'forethought' of awakening a personal army.[/sblock]
[sblock=chronicle so far]
As a trial by the Nemean, Promeheus (partnered with thorn) encountered a really sad child ghost who likely had his soul sucked out by the tremere lich whos aura tainted the room. He also encountered a random succubus, who he never saw, and was not actually affected by. Then there was the first spirit of alpha. He seemed quite out of it, but vanished utterly at pictures of real places in 'beta'.
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Cool background. Is there anything that should be added possibly came up later in either thread?

Last edited:

Thondor

Thorn

michelle%20rodriguez2.jpg

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

[/sblock]

[sblock=Character sheet]

Concept:?

Virtue: Fortitude
Vice: Pride

Ruling: Life, Forces
Inferior: Fate
Order: Adamantine Arrow

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 3, Resolve 2
Physical Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3
Social Attributes: Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 3

Mental Skills: Academics 1, Occult 3
Physical Skills: Athletics 3, Brawl 3, Drive 1, Firearms 1, Stealth 2, Weaponry 1
Social Skills: Expression 2, Intimidate 2, Socialize 2, Streetwise 1

Willpower: 5

Size: 5
Speed: 10
Initiative: 6
Defense: 3
Armor:

Gnosis: 2
Mana: 7 (max: 11, 2/turn)
Nimbus: Jaguar Sun

Arcana:
Death 1
Forces 1
Life 2
Spirit 2

Rote Specialties: Athletics, Intimidation, Medicine
Rotes:
Dedicated Magical Tool: Mayan Ritual Dagger

Mage Merits: Gnosis +1 ***
Social Merits: Striking Looks **, Mentor **

[/sblock]

Rotes - You have 6 dots to spend. (rotes lower the mana cost by one and paradox chance by 1die)

Merits - Your missing the 1-dot High Speech Merit p 84 (You get it for free for being part of and order). What’s the rule for raising your Gnosis with merits? I can’t seem to find it.

Specialties - You didn’t pick any. You should have three.

[sblock=background]
Place of Birth: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Relatives: Hector Reyes (Father), Hugo Reyes (Uncle)
Mentor: "Papa Chango" (AKA Hugo Reyes)
Marital Status: Single

Current Residence: Cambridge, Massachusetts

Hee! I will have the full story up soon. Also the 6 "levels" of freebie rotes we start with.

'Papa Chango' is not just his Shadow Name...it's the name he runs his shop under, though not his legal name. One of the weirder things he does is dress up in a Chinese getup and actually has one of those long thin goatee-type mustaches and the whole bit. Then he talks in a fake Chinese accent.

He's pretty obviously a Hispanic guy pretending to be Chinese though.

I suspect he's either Adamantine Arrow or Mysterium...I am still brainstorming him. Suggestions are always welcome.

One of the reasons I'm making Juno so young is to justify her lack of dots in Sanctum and Resources. I do plan on spending early exp on those things, to represent her becoming more independent.

[/sblock]

Is your father a police officer? Were you simply leaving that as undefined at the moment?
I feel I may have missed something for your background . . . Did I?

Thondor

Chomesh

000002-adrien_brody.jpg

He wears a grey suit that was expansive one-day, but is now a bit out of style.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Character sheet]
Daniel Jacob Goldstein, PI
Hair: Short, Brown Eyes: Green Ht: 6'2'' Wt: 185 pounds
Virtue: Faith Vice: Greed
Mysterium

PHYSICAL(5) MENTAL(4) SOCIAL(3)
Strength : ** Intelligence : ** Presence : **
Dexterity : *** Wits : *** Manipulation : *
Stamina : *** Resolve : *** Composure : ***

Skills:
Mental (7)
Academics * (Kabbalah)
Computer *
Medicine *
Occult **
Investigation **

Physical (11)
Athletics *
Brawl **
Drive *
Firearms *** (pistol, lt.)
Larceny *
Stealth **
Weaponry * (knife)

Social (4)
Intimidation *
Persuasion *
Streetwise *
Subterfuge *

Merits (7):
Status 1 (PI), Language 2 (German, Ifrit), High Speech (bonus, Magical Tradition 2 (Kabbalah), Status 1 (Mysterium), Mentor 1

Willpower: 6

Arcana (Prime & Space ruling, Death inferior)
Space 2
Prime 2
Spirit 1

Rotes
Twisting Threads / Untouchable (Space 2, Armor)
Nothing up my Sleeve / Apportation (Space 2)
Eye of the Magus / Supernatural Vision (Prime 1)
Analyze Enchanted Item / Artfact Hunt (Prime 1)

Mana 7

Size: 5 Speed: 11 Initiative: 6
Defense: 3 Armour: - (normally uses Untouchable)

Equipment (worn): light pistol, ammo, watch, clothing, poceket-knife.
[/sblock]

Acanum - your short one arcanum dote. I think you may have meant to put a third dot in space.

Merits - besides High Speech you have “Magical Tradition (Kabbalah) 2" I’m not sure what this means. Is there a scection on magical traditions that I have overlooked?

Speed- it should be 10 not 11

Nimbus – have you decided on one?

Magical Tool(s) – have you picked one?

[sblock=background]
Former police officer, turned PI
He will be viewing magic through the lens of Kabbalah (not the new age, but the real thing). Specializing in Spirit, Fare and /or Space. (actually prime and space)

After loosing his job for taking money from the wrong persons, DJ settled down as a private investigator. Loosing his apartment, sportscar and girl-friend (in that order) he began a new life Boston.

I will wirte-up a day in life for DJ and post it at the beginning of the next week

The only reason I became a PI was because I lost my police job.
My granddad was a cop, my father, my uncles, all cops. Back then, cops were the law and cops had respect. By the time I became a cop, it was a whole another game. Sensitivity classes, social working, civilian review board, police brutality suits, corruption…
Now, don’t get it wrong here, I wasn’t let go because I was crooked… ok, I was. I know it was foolish…
Thing is, being a PI wasn’t like being a cop. I used to love walking into a crime scene and trying to figure out what happened. As a PI, all you do is sleazy spy work, like trailing lying spouses getting a little extra on the side. That work gets old fast.

The car is a nice green metallic American Sedan badly in need of a wash.
Will add more later.

[/sblock]

Feel free to determine any background with Goliath if you want to. Could he have been a small part of the sour deal that got you kicked off the force? (Just one possible suggestion)

Need to indicate your mentor. I know you mention she/he was a member of the consilium previously . . .

Walking Dad

First Post
Chomesh

Acanum - your short one arcanum dote. I think you may have meant to put a third dot in space.
Yes, that would be great.

Merits - besides High Speech you have “Magical Tradition (Kabbalah) 2" I’m not sure what this means. Is there a scection on magical traditions that I have overlooked?
It is something from the Magical Traditions Supplement. I can PM you the infos, when needed.

Speed- it should be 10 not 11
:blush: oops.

Nimbus – have you decided on one?
I think the nimbus should be something between holy and desert. Think of the place they found the grail in the Indiana Jones Films. Not old and stinky, but ancient. Light, but not holy light, but fire light, filtered through a thorn bush. The taste of smell between incense and oriental spices.

Magical Tool(s) – have you picked one?
He already used a seal of solomon (hexagram), For the other, he will use hebraic words: Written papyri or writing the words himself.

Feel free to determine any background with Goliath if you want to. Could he have been a small part of the sour deal that got you kicked off the force? (Just one possible suggestion)
Sounds good to me. But more a bystander at the deal, not the other side.

Need to indicate your mentor. I know you mention she/he was a member of the consilium previously . . .
The Lion of Zion, rabbi and high ranking member of the consilium, more to come...

Shayuri

First Post
Rotes - You have 6 dots to spend. (rotes lower the mana cost by one and paradox chance by 1die)

-- Odd, I thought I included those on my sheet. I'll fix that tonight. I did finally pick rotes, and they're on my sheet at home. I guess I just spaced on updating my online sheet. Sorry!

Merits - Your missing the 1-dot High Speech Merit p 84 (You get it for free for being part of and order). What’s the rule for raising your Gnosis with merits? I can’t seem to find it.

-- Ah, I missed that rules, thanks. As for raising Gnosis, there are two special Merits in the Mage book that allow this to happen. It's analogous to the merits in other books that let you raise the "magic trait" in Vampires, Werewolves, etc... In the main Mage book, look under Merits and it should be there. I'd quote it, but I don't have the book with me now.

Specialties - You didn’t pick any. You should have three.

-- Gah, yeah. I picked some of this stuff late in the process, and must've forgotten to update. Grumble. :)

-- Not yet. I was going to bank a little, and maybe wait for some downtime to narratively 'explain' the improvements.

Is your father a police officer? Were you simply leaving that as undefined at the moment?

-- Mew. Her father is actually ex-military, now working as a security guard.

I feel I may have missed something for your background . . . Did I?

-- More than likely, since it seems I didn't put it on my sheet.

Hee. Okay...all this has a pretty easy solution. I need to update my online sheet from my home one. :) I'll get that done tonight.

You don’t have ‘rote skills’ or high speech because that requires and order. (Aside - are you looking to have you character join one at some point during the chronicle, or do you want to keep him more of an outsider?)
Hm... I think joining an order is something thta would have to be handled in character. By that, I mean I'm not really sure if he'll be joining a faction, but its more because I haven't planned on it than because he won't if it comes up.

Rotes - You have 6 dots to spend. To help keep the ‘raw power’ idea you could buy fewer high dot rotes (1 or two 3dot rotes).
I had actually just given up the rotes entirely, because without rote skills, they don't really work. Well, that and the fact that he hasn't actually had much formal training. I could pick some, but I'm also fine the way it is.
Merits - I’m not sure this adds up. What’s the rule for raising your Gnosis with merits? I can’t seem to find it.
It does. At character creation you can spend 3 merit dots to increase gnosis by 1 as many times as you want. Prometheus used 6/7 merits to increase it by 2.
Specialties - You seem to be missing one. Was it suppose to be with subterfuge? There’s nothing between the brackets.
I had wanted one for subterfuge, but I didn't really understand the way the skill works. I'm looking for somethng relating to maintaining a strait face under duress, but don't know what to call it.
Nope, just saving it. When I spend it, I'll have a record on the sheet.
Cool background. Is there anything that should be added possibly came up later in either thread?
Not that I know of... Although the thread spans farther back than my memory. Still, I can't think of anything that isn't on the sheet, so that means probably not.

Thondor

Thanks for the detailed responses everyone. I'll get to some of the particulars of those in a moment. However I wanted to let you know that the story is now continuing. I made a judgement call on the time of day (it was 8:00pm when you arrived at cormant house, its gotta be pretty late by now) and decided to kickstart things with some movement. For a quick link just click here

I did find the rule for increasing Gnosis, it's on p. 66. That idex is actually pretty darn useful.

Thondor

It is something from the Magical Traditions Supplement. I can PM you the infos, when needed.

Guess you'll just have to let me know when it becomes relevant. I just don't want to ignore things that players 'spent' stuff on.

I think the nimbus should be something between holy and desert. Think of the place they found the grail in the Indiana Jones Films. Not old and stinky, but ancient. Light, but not holy light, but fire light, filtered through a thorn bush. The taste of smell between incense and oriental spices.

He already used a seal of solomon (hexagram), For the other, he will use hebraic words: Written papyri or writing the words himself.

The Lion of Zion, rabbi and high ranking member of the consilium, more to come...

Cool. If you could and these modifications to your character sheet/background when you get a chance that'd be great. The nimbus description is nice an openended "sacred desert" can be experience a lot of different ways.

Thondor

- Mew. Her father is actually ex-military, now working as a security guard.

Hee. Okay...all this has a pretty easy solution. I need to update my online sheet from my home one. :) I'll get that done tonight.

I kinda of thought he might be a security guard.

Looking forward to seeing the updated version of Juno Reyes AKA Thorn

Thondor

Hm... I think joining an order is something thta would have to be handled in character. By that, I mean I'm not really sure if he'll be joining a faction, but its more because I haven't planned on it than because he won't if it comes up.

All right we'll see what comes up in game.

I had actually just given up the rotes entirely, because without rote skills, they don't really work. Well, that and the fact that he hasn't actually had much formal training. I could pick some, but I'm also fine the way it is.
It does. At character creation you can spend 3 merit dots to increase gnosis by 1 as many times as you want. Prometheus used 6/7 merits to increase it by 2.

It's your choice obviously. But it does make you 'mechanically' weaker. Without rote skills you just giving up a bonus dice for a select number of rotes. Rotes lower the mana cost by one and paradox chance by 1die. You have a higher chance of paradox because of your high Gnosis. So that could be significant.

I had wanted one for subterfuge, but I didn't really understand the way the skill works. I'm looking for somethng relating to maintaining a strait face under duress, but don't know what to call it.

The one I'd use that's suggested in the core book is "Hiding Emotions". Or you could just make up your own, maybe "Pokerface".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases