[Mage: the Awakening] Legacy of the Stone Assembly

BlueLotus

Explorer
I looked over the spheres of magic, the orders, and the paths sections of the Mage book so far. I'm pretty happy with Sandra as I made her with help from HT for the translation to Awakening. She'll be a Free Council Thyrsus mage specializing in Life and Spirit magic.

Reading these sections have given me various ideas to develop Sandra's backstory further. I'm still brainstorming on it, but I want Sandra to be a convert to the Free Council. She was originally recruited to the Mysterium or maybe the Silver Ladder.

Also, I think Solarious mentioned that the Dreamspeakers were in this edition. Can anyone please give me a page reference for them? I'm having trouble finding them.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry, cannot finish the character until tomorrow. My children and me are sick and I can only try to answer the other games with headache and fever, but I'm not able to write a satisfying writing sample. Maybe tomorrow, but I fear this will be to late.
Sorry :.-(

Happy gaming :devil: (it is the World of Darkness)

Solarious

Explorer
Apologies for disappearing, but the bane of the thing known as Real Life was visited upon me! Oh, the humanity... A preliminary character sheet, more or less complete, but probably subject to many edits. I'm still trying to finalize a Sleeper background, and I'm still not completely satisfied with my choice of Arcana. But anyways...

[sblock=Character Sheet]
davidmccallum.jpg

Shadow Name: Jeremiah
Concept: Modern Sherlock
Quote: "Paranoia isn't a defect, it's a healthy survival trait."

Virtue: Fortitude
Vice: Envy

Path: Mastigos (Ruling Mind/Space, Inferior Matter)
Order: Guardians of the Veil
Cabal: The Midnight Vigil

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 3, Resolve 2
Physical Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3
Social Attributes: Presence 1, Manipulation 2, Composure 4

Mental Skills: Academics 1, Computers 1, Investigation 3 (Forensics), Medicine 2 (Autopsy), Occult 2, Science 2
Physical Skills: Athletics 1, Drive 1, Firearms 2, Larceny 1, Stealth 2
Social Skills: Empathy 1, Subterfuge 3 (Half-truths and evasion)

Health: 8
Willpower: 6
Wisdom: 7

Size: 5
Speed: 9
Initiative: 6
Defense: 2
Armor: 2 (Space 2 'Untouchable')

Gnosis: 1
Mana: 7 (10/1 turn)
Pattern: Restoration 1/day, Scourging 1/day
Nimbus: "Watched" (As if eyes were everywhere/your secrets are laid bare/there is nowhere to hide)

Arcana: Mind 2, Space 2, Matter 1, Fate 1

Dedicated Tools: Polished Brass Coin, a stylized Eye with High Speech representing Truth on one side, a stylized Mask with High Speech representing Lies on the opposite end
Rote Specialties: Investigation, Stealth, Subterfuge
Rotes: Alter Conductivity (Intelligence/Science/Matter), Discern Composition (Wits/Crafts or Science/Matter), Detect Substance (Wits/Composure[Investigation?]/Matter), The Sybil's Sight (Wits/Occult/Fate), Reading the Outmost Eddies (Wits/Investigation/Fate), Winds of Chance (Wits/Subterfuge/Fate)

Oblation: Tracing the Maze

Merits: Sanctum (shared) 2, Resources 2, Area of Expertise (Investigation), Occulation 1[/sblock]
One of these days, I'll make it all nice and neat the way Annalist does. Wall of Text answers to magic's questions on the system to follow sometime.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
We have five great characters, so I'm pleased to announce that Annalist, BlueLotus, magic_gathering2001, Shayuri, and Solarious are all cordially invited to start playing tomorrow! Thanks for giving me such excellent material to work with. It will be really interesting to see how these characters interact.

I want to start each of your characters off separately and roleplay the first meeting, so I think we should start in PMs. This part will be pretty short, just establishing each character alone with a quick scene before picking things up together. Doing it all in one thread might look messy--we could make 5 separate threads, but I think that might bring down the wrath of the moderators, so I think PMs are best. Sound good?

Depending on how busy work is tomorrow, you can expect your first PM some time tomorrow morning (well, my morning).

Sorry, cannot finish the character until tomorrow. My children and me are sick and I can only try to answer the other games with headache and fever, but I'm not able to write a satisfying writing sample.

I hope you all feel better! PM me something when you get the chance, and I can see about working you into the story later on.

Shayuri

First Post
Hurrah! :D

I mean, I humbly accept your offer, with thanks.

Been working on additional material for Juno...though for some reason a good Shadow name is hard to find! Hopefully I'll have a gussied up sheet up tonight.

And thanks again!

Solarious

Explorer
Hush there, Shay, everyone who submitted a full sheet got in.

On the other hand... :D Cheerio! :D I made it! [/hypocrite]

Still unable to make time for a proper Annalist-style sheet (I love it by the way, including all those juicy secrets/twists you've put in) or fully answer questions about either spellcasting (quick answer for magic_gathering is similar to Tellah's, because you lack the complete connection to the Supernal required and/or understanding of the practices, but if you try to push anyways, Tellah could either say -denied- or use the 'Pushing to the Limit' optional rules written somewhere, probably in the Time of Mysteries, the MtA Corebook #2), or give more description to the Dreamspeakers (who as Annalist has pointed out, are a rocking Legacy described in Legacies the Sublime: they are a Mind/Spirit focused Legacy that are rooted in the old traditions of shamanistic spirit guides who view the dream as the true reality, the Astral as the 'true' dreaming reality, and the Supernal Realms as a higher component of the Dream).

I'll have more time, probably tomorrow. See you then.

Yay, I got in! I'd do a dance of joy, but it would be wasted on the computer screen. Speaking of which, how do PMs work anyway? I don't know how to tell if I have one, how to read them etc... but I do know what they are!

Also, the only reason I asked about casting spells over the limit was because I, or anyone else, may do it unknowingly during improvised casting. I think Hella said (although she may have been thinking aloud) that she would handle it as it happened, and that's what I'll go by until then. Because while, "you can't do that" works fairly well face to face, it takes a lot of time in a PbP. (I'm not sure if that reply was necessary or not, but I hope it has made my thoughts clearer.)

Annalist

First Post
Still unable to make time for a proper Annalist-style sheet (I love it by the way, including all those juicy secrets/twists you've put in)
Lol, I have a sheet-style named after me now? Hope you don't feel like you have to do your own character the same way if you don't want to. I just happen to have a tendency to want to format things. B-)

Speaking of which, how do PMs work anyway? I don't know how to tell if I have one, how to read them etc... but I do know what they are!
Near the top right corner of your screen (scroll up if you need to), you should see a small, boxed area that says, "Welcome, magic_gathering2001." Two lines under that should be a Private Messages link that you can click on. Clicking on it will take you to your PM inbox where you can read any messages that you've received from other people.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases