My d20 Modern Homebrew

Michael Dean

Explorer
The Class analogs came about when a friend wanted to play a version of one of his D&D characters that got pulled throught the shadow plane, and saw the crappy conversion notes in Urban Arcana and thought I could do better and I think I did.

Hey! You're in my neck of the woods! I think it's cool that, other than Ghostwalk, I have every book you list in your OP. You're probably the guy who forced me to get to 21st Century Comics fast for new releases or they'd be sold out and I'd have to wait for the next shipment.

I have completed a list of races and templtes from all my 3rd/3.5 D&D books (which is all of them) and all the races, occupations, advanced classes, and prestige classes from all the books in the OP.
If you have Open Office or Microsoft Word and would like a copy please contact me.

Also some more house rules;

Nonlethal combat uses the rules from the D&D player's handbook with one addition, "When a character takes nonlethal damage that equals or excides her constitution score, she must make a Fort save (DC 15) or fall unconsious for 1d4+1 rounds"

Demons (from McWod) arn't animated bits of matter, but possesed mortals (and robots) and thier horrific form can only be maintained (as well as anyother form assumed by shapechanging) for an hour.

To make clear a player's race can only have a total level adjustment of +3 or less (this also counts templates, so a race with a LA+3 can't have a template with a LA higher than +0). This can be offset by taking flaws (mutation defects can also be taken as flaws or for MP, not both), or at higher starting levels removing character levels.

And 3 MP can be spent on a feat, and 4 MP can be spent on +2 to any ability score.

Was looking through Heroes of Horror, Mild Phobias offset LA +1, Moderate Phobias offset LA+2, and Severe Phobias offset LA+3.

For those that want to make use of Monte Cook's World of Darkness I would highly suggest getting Cyber-Dave's house rules.

I just read Masque of the Red Death, both the Order of the Crimson Dawn and the Six-Fingered Hand are from that setting. It would seem that the Shadow Chaser (d20 core), and Shadow Stalker (d20 past) are extensions of the gothic earth setting. And since dark*matter/alternity stuff has been part of the game since the core book and menace manual, and Call of Cthulhu d20 providing the president that modern are d20 gaming was possible. It seems more games other than D&D have influenced what d20 modern has become.

It seems what i have come up with has only brought the game full circle. I would love to find more d20 modern conversions of alternity creatures, and more Call of Cthulhu d20 critters.

I also want to incorporate super hero rules that use or are full compatible with the d20 modern rule set.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
I also want to incorporate super hero rules that use or are full compatible with the d20 modern rule set.
Blood & Vigilance from RPGObjects is the only product I know of that does this.

There's a large number of d20 supers rules, but B&V is the only one I know of that is based upon d20 Modern.

It's pretty good, though a bit finicky for my tastes (I prefer Mutants & Masterminds 2E). The version I know incorporated new base classes, and a couple of new mechanics for powers, but was built around the base d20 Modern rules. I may or may not be familiar with the most current version.

Khairn

First Post
I've done a campaign similar to what you are describing, with many of the same books. I've always loved GM'ing a mix of genres. If you have the opportunity to pick it up, I highly recommend 2nd World Sourcebook. Its setting mix of modern and fantasy, along with some interesting rules like Influence are all top notch.

new_fashion_guy When incorporating D&D class material with Modern material, you need to consider Class bonuses to DF, Reputation, and Wealth. UA gives class bonuses for AC, but if you use those on D&D classes, your D&D classes become even more overpowered compared to your Modern classes. Just something to think about.

When D&D classed characters and creatures that come through one of two things happen.

First if the stay is only temporary (like for just an adventure) they a class defense bonus equal to half their class level with the following modifiers: +0 if you are a monk, sorcerer, or wizard; +1 if you are a bard, ranger, rogue; +2 if you are a barbarian or druid, +3 if you are a cleric, fighter, or paladin. Unearthed arcana has a table for reputation bonuses that works out of the box. And wealth is converted thus, 1 Gp = $20, look up the dollar amount on the purchase DC/cash table and subtract 10, and you have your wealth bonus (for example max starting gold of a fighter is 240 gp, X 20 is 4800, round down to the nearest amount on the table and that is $3,500, which is purchase DC 22, subtract 10 and wa la wealth bonus +12).

Secondly if said D&D character or creature stays longer (more than one adventure) he or she should convert to d20 Modern class levels, losing any and all bonuses and abilities provided by D&D class levels.

The Illuminati: The Hidden Power behind the Enlightenment
by Michael Makidon (AKA Wolfen Fenrison)

illuminati.jpg

Introduction: Comprised of powerful people that reside in the upper echelons of society. Led by James Ball, a young but wealthy business consultant, he attributes the foundation of the group to his ancestor Lucien Ball in the 1800’s. Other esteemed Alums of The Illuminati include; Anastasia Markova, Mr. Onimako, Franz Draco. It is rumored that the gangster Louis Corsone and drug lord Elario Carcavera are members but there is no ties that can be proven. How ever large or small the core membership is there is no denying that they control the international organization known as The Enlightenment, their goal is bring about a one-world government controlled by a single multi-conglomerate corporation, and considering who runs this faction there is no doubt the have means and the will to see it done in our lifetime. – Taken from an anonymous letter sent to a local newspaper.

Background: The Enlightenment consists of the most wealthy and influential people in the world who use metaphysical abilities to pull the strings of global politics and finance, but little do they know that they are just puppets to a more secret group, The Illuminati. Considering the wide range of resources this power group has at its disposal the question shouldn’t be when will they rule the world but haven’t they already. The nature of their leader, the archfiend Baal, is known only to one other, Franz Draco. This is because they both had massive kingdoms among the mortals in the antediluvian past when they could freely in their true forms and were worshiped as gods. But in this new age they both came to realize that finance and politics garnered more power and prestige than magic and might did in ancient times. In time they sought out others who have similar views and formed a secrete society that plans to mold the world in one nation with everyone basically working for one company and all of it controlled by a select few with the Illuminati pulling all the strings from the shadows.
To maintain appearances The Illuminati meet in person only in emergences and they make sure the area is secure from all electrical, magical, or psionic surveillance. Otherwise meeting are conducted via special psionicly powered business cards, to the naked eye they look mundane enough but held and the holder focuses on the names on the various cards, she is put into mental contact with those people, this allows all six members to remain in contact with each other that is untraceable and nigh undetectable. With the ability to pool resources when ever necessary they are individually powerful but together almost nothing can stand against them.
The Enlightenment was formed when collectively they realized that as powerful as they are tasks still needed delegated and if they had group of power hungry executives, CEOs, and politicians that has access to supernatural powers (magic, psionics, mutations, ECT.), they will help The Illuminati form the one government/one corporation goal and be a perfect cover to mask The Illuminati’s actions (nobody knows of The Illuminati, but with fairly deep digging you’ll find The Enlightenment). Thus they have remained in the shadows, unnoticed, unchecked, so far only The Fellowship has tried to foil their plans but as of all they know of is The Enlightenment, should they get close to the truth, The Illuminati may take preventative action .
Although they put up a unified front they are not one big happy family, there is back biting and constant grabs for power that tend to step on each others toes. But though all these power plays there is no actual infighting, for while Baal encourages greed and corruption he will not tolerate The Illuminati to destroy it self from the inside, that after all would be counter productive to his own goals. So he keeps this shaky alliance at peace, and the members are safe from each other as long as they serve their purpose and don’t endanger the grand scheme.
51693_CN.jpg

Baal sees the world through the eyes of an ancient evil that has been around since time immortal, his motives are his own, he keeps his counsel and has no confidants, but for all the power he is not omnipotent although his current position grants him nearly that. His main goal is to have every man, woman, and child completely motivated by greed and an unceasing lust for power. He is the heart and brains of The Illuminati, for without him they would fall upon each other like rabid dogs.
50001.jpg

Anastasia Markova is the living embodiment of the old maxim “knowledge is power”, through television networks, movie studios, newspapers, internet services and much more she keeps her finger on the pulse of the world, and through GNN she can mold that pulse to what ever her or to a greater extent The Illuminati want. She is the eyes and ears of The Illuminati, it she who will make the populace of the world see the one world government is in their best interest.
49992.jpg

Mr. Onimako is an enigma, he suddenly appears in the world of finance and takes it by storm, in fact he is the most sought after financial consultant next to James Ball, which is what led him to his current position, with some phone calls and the right words in placed in certain ears he can completely change stock markets, multi-national companies, and global economies. He makes up one half of the strong right hand of The Illuminati, the world economy doesn’t twitch without his knowledge or most of the time his say so.
610_088190_61.jpg

Franz Draco is the CEO of one of the most powerful corporations in the world, Draco Industries has military contracts with America and NATO, as well as more mundane endeavors, and his most blatant power move is the development of advanced technologies (cybernetic proteases and enhancements, private aerospace projects, energy weapons and heavy powered armor) and has no qualms about “lending” such technologies to the criminal elements of The Illuminati for the simple purpose of test their effectiveness. He along with Mr. Onimako make up the strong right hand of The Illuminati, new technologies don’t hit the world market without his approval.
50022.jpg

Louis Corsone is the godfather of the Corsone Syndicate, this crime family has control of most of the organized crime in America and Europe, with his mental prowess, criminal resources, shadow minions, and help here and there from The Illuminati, and he has stayed one step or more ahead of law enforcement and rival gangs. He makes up one half of the unseen left hand of The Illuminati, his criminal acts world wide make people feel unsafe and insecure about their governments.
610_088190_104.jpg

Elario Carcavera is the head of the largest drug cartel in South America and is the main supplier of common and designer drugs all over the Americas and Asia, and with aid from Draco Industries he has access to pharmaceuticals to further enhance his ability to make more potent and addicting drugs. He along with Louis Corsone makes up the unseen left had of The Illuminati, his poison will aid in subjugating the masses and keeping them chained to their addictions.

Membership: Here is the true members list of the Illuminati as ranked by seniority;

#1 Baal (d20 Menace Manual)
#2 Anastasia Markova (Urban Arcana)
#3 Mr. Onimako (Urban Arcana)
#4 Franz Draco (Urban Arcana)
#5 Louis Corsone (Urban Arcana)
#6 Elario Carcavera (d20 Menace Manual)

Organization Breakdown: As The Illuminati controls The Enlightenment, the personal organizations of the members are considered part of The Enlightenment, and some of the organizations have ones under them so the break down follows thus;

1. The Enlightenment (Urban Arcana)
1.1. Markova Enterprises, Intl. (Urban Arcana)
1.1.1. Global Network News (d20 Menace Manual)
1.2. Onimako Consulting (Urban Arcana)
1.3. Draco Industries (Urban Arcana)
1.3.1. ThinkBest (d20 Cyberscape)
1.4. Corsone Syndicate (Urban Arcana)
1.5. La Gente (d20 Menace Manual)

Fenrir (Fenrisulfr)
253506GMOL_w.jpg

Colossal Magical Beast (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
HD: 76d10+1,996
Hp: 2,376
Mas: 61
Init: +18
Spd: 90ft. (18 squares)
Defense: 41 (+14 dex, -8 size, +32 natural armor)
Touch: 16
Flat-Footed: 34
BAB: +20
Grap: +62
Atk: 2 Claws +42 (4d6+26, 19-20/x2, slashing)
Full Atk: 2 Claws +42 (4d6+26, 19-20/x2, slashing), Bite +37 (6d6+13, 19-20/x2, piercing)
Space/Reach: 30ft./20ft.
Special Attacks: Frightful Howl, Improved Grab, Pounce, Rake, Rend, Savage 18d6+39
Special Qualities: Blindsight 240 ft., Damage Reduction 10/Magic, Darkvision 240 ft., Fast Healing 16, Low-Light Vision, Resistance to Acid 20, Cold 20, Electricity 20, Fire 20, Sonic 20
Saves: Fort +37, Ref +26, Will +24
Abilities: Str 62 (+26), Dex 38 (+14), Con 61 (+25), Int 14 (+2), Wis 34 (+12), Cha 24 (+7)
Skills: Hide +77, Listen +93, Move Silently +95, Spot +81
Feats: Alertness, Armor Skin x2, Blinding Speed x2 (Haste 10 rds per day), Blow Hard (125ft. Cone, windstorm), Combat Expertise, Epic Prowess, Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus (claw), Fast Healing x2, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Critical (claw), Improved Darkvision, Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Improved Trip, Multiattack, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (claw)
Environment: Asgard (Norse home of the gods)
Organization: Solitary
Cr: 40
AL: Chaos

Fenrir (or Fenris) is a gigantic and terrible monster in the shape of a wolf. He is the eldest child of Loki and the giantess Angrboda. The gods learned of a prophecy which stated that the wolf and his family would one day be responsible for the destruction of the world. They caught the wolf and locked him in a cage. Only the god of war, Tyr, dared to feed and take care of the wolf. When he was still a pup they had nothing to fear, but when the gods saw one day how he had grown, they decided to render him harmless. However, none of the gods had enough courage to face the gigantic wolf. Instead, they tried to trick him. They said the wolf was weak and could never break free when he was chained. Fenrir accepted the challenge and let the gods chain him. Unfortunately, he was so immensely strong that he managed to break the strongest fetters as if they were cobwebs. After that, the gods saw only one alternative left: a magic chain. They ordered the dwarves to make something so strong that it could hold the wolf. The result was a soft, thin ribbon: Gleipnir. It was incredibly strong, despite what its size and appearance might suggest. The ribbon was fashioned of six strange elements: the footstep of a cat; the roots of a mountain; a woman's beard; the breath of fishes; the sinews of a bear; and a bird's spittle. The gods tried to trick the wolf again, only this time Fenrir was less eager to show his strength. He saw how thin the chain was, and said that was no pride in breaking such a weak chain. Eventually, though, he agreed, thinking that otherwise his strength and courage would be doubted. Suspecting treachery however, he in turn asked the gods for a token of good will: one of them had to put a hand between his jaws. The gods were not overly eager to do this, knowing what they could expect. Finally, only Tyr agreed, and the gods chained the wolf with Gleipnir. No matter how hard Fenrir struggled, he could not break free from this thin ribbon. In revenge, he bit off Tyr's hand. Being very pleased with themselves, the gods carried Fenrir off and chained him to a rock (called Gioll) a mile down into the earth. They put a sword between his jaws to prevent him from biting. On the day of Ragnarok, Fenrir will break his chains and join the giants in their battle against the gods. He will seek out Odin and devour him. Vidar, Odin's son, will avenge his father by killing the wolf.
Frightful Howl (Su): As a standard action, Fenrir can emit a howl in a 60-foot-radius spread that affects opponents with fewer Hit Dice or levels than Fenrir has. The affected creature must make a successful Will save (DC 55) or become shaken. Success indicates that the target is immune to Fenrir’s frightful howl for one day. The DC is Charisma based. Improved Grab (Ex): If Fenrir hits an opponent at least one size smaller than himself with a claw attack, he deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required. Fenrir has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use the part of his body he used in the improved grab to hold the opponent. If he chooses to do the latter, it takes a –20 penalty on grapple checks, but is not considered grappled himself; Fenrir does not lose his Dexterity bonus to AC, still threatens an area, and can use his remaining attacks against other opponents. If he gets a hold, he can rake (see below). If Fenrir does not rake, each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals the damage indicated for the attack that established the hold. Otherwise, it deals rake damage as well (the amount is given in the rake entry below). When Fenrir gets a hold after an improved grab attack, it pulls the opponent into its space. This act does not provoke attacks of opportunity. He can even move (possibly carrying away the opponent), provided he can drag the opponent’s weight.
Pounce (Ex): When Fenrir makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack, including rake attacks.
Rake (Ex): Gains gains extra natural attacks when it grapples its foe. When Fenrir gains a hold, he can make two rake attacks at his full melee attack bonus (+39) with his hind legs. Each successful attack does normal claw damage plus ½ its Strength bonus (rounded down)(4d6+13). Rake attacks are not subject to the usual –4 penalty for attacking with a natural weapon in a grapple. Fenrir must begin its turn grappling to use its rake, it can’t begin a grapple and rake in the same turn. Rend (Ex): If Fenrir hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 8d6+52 points of damage. Savage (Ex): If Fenrir successfully trips an opponent, he latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 18d6+39 points of damage. If an opponent goes prone for any reason in an area Fenrir threatens, he can also savage the victim as a free action (treat as Fenrir’s attack of opportunity for the round), even though he had nothing to do with tripping the foe.

Cerberus (Kerberos)
HOMM5_Inferno_Creature_Cerberus.jpg

Huge Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Fire, Lawful)
HD: 28d8+196
Hp: 308
Mas: 25
Init: +7
Spd: 70ft. (8 squares), 350ft. Run (70 squares)
Defense: 25 (+3 dex, -2 size, +14 natural armor )
Touch: 11
Flat-Footed: 22
BAB: +20
Grap: +38
Atk: Bite +31 (3d6+10+2d6 fire, 19-20/x2, piercing)
Full Atk: 3 Bites +31 (3d6+10+2d6 fire, 19-20/x2, piercing)
Space/Reach: 15ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Fiery Bite
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 3/-, Darkvision 90 ft., Immunity to fire, Scent, Vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +19, Ref +12, Will +13
Abilities: Str 31 (+10), Dex 17 (+3), Con 25 (+7), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 8 (-1)
Skills: Hide +31, Intimidate +30, Jump +57 (+61 when running), Listen +34, Move Silently +39, Sense Motive +32, Spot +34, Survival +32 (+40 when tracking by scent)
Feats: Alertness, Armor Skin, Combat ReflexesB, Damage Reduction, Epic Speed, Epic Weapon Focus (bite), Extend Breath, Improved Critical (bite), Improved MultiattackB, Improved InitiativeB, Recover Breath, Run, TrackB, Weapon Focus (bite)
Environment: Greek Underworld (Hades)
Organization: Solitary
Cr: 20
AL: Hades, Law, Evil
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: +6 (Cohort)

In Greek mythology, the three-headed watchdog who guards the entrance to the lower world, the Hades. It is a child of the giant Typhon and Echidna, a monstrous creature herself, being half woman and half snake. Originally, the dog was portrayed having fifty or hundred heads but was later pictured with only three heads (and sometimes with the tail of a serpent). Cerberus permitted new spirits to enter the realm of dead, but allowed none of them to leave. Only a few ever managed to sneak past the creature, among which Orpheus, who lulled it to sleep by playing his lyre, and Heracles, who brought it to the land of the living for a while (being the last of his Twelve Labors). In Roman mythology, the Trojan prince Aeneas and Psyche were able to pacify it with honey cake.

Breath Weapon (Su): 15 ft. cone, once per head every 2d4 rounds, damage 4d6 fire, Reflex DC 31 for half. The save is Constitution based.
Fiery Bite (Su): Cerberus deals an extra 2d6 points of fire damage every time it bites an opponent, as if its bite were a flaming weapon
Skills: Cerberus has a +5 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Last edited:

index.cfm
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=98895204&albumID=2286629&imageID=37462442

Key:
1: Material Plane (Known Universe)
2: Region of Dreams
3: Phased Dimension (Ether)
4: Shadow Plane
5: Olympia
6: Duat
7: Yggdrasil
8: Positive Energy Plane
9: Elemental Plane of Air
10: Elemental Plane of Fire
11: Negative Energy Plane