Module Recommendations

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
You're welcome. I think you'll find that WG4 and S4 combined is a massive campaign - huge tracts of land (no, really, they both have large outdoor encounter areas), great dungeons, very cool GREYHAWK information therein. I think you'll like it quite a bit.

I'm all over it!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator

2. T1-4 THE TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL
3. WG4 THE FORGOTTEN TEMPLE OF THARIZDUN
4. S4 LOST CAVERNS OF TSOJCANTH
5. S1 TOMB OF HORRORS

That would be my dream... so far, I've only completed step 1 (KotB) and that game is currently on hiatus. But there is hope that it will restart.

The Tharizdun/ Tsojcanth is really cool and should surely be tried if you have never played it. I enjoyed playing and running them. If you can squeeze it in then run I1 :Dwellers of the Forbidden City. Its a personal favorite of mine. I ran it again several years ago using 3.0 and the adventure was still as awesome as ever.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024

2. T1-4 THE TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL
3. WG4 THE FORGOTTEN TEMPLE OF THARIZDUN
4. S4 LOST CAVERNS OF TSOJCANTH
5. S1 TOMB OF HORRORS

Do this and your players will cursethank you!

As far as the "4"s go, WG4 and S4 are a good combination and cover a lot of ground (both literally and figuratively). Though I think S4 normally comes before WG4, but you could go either way.

I love T1, but ToEE...I will just say it is an adventure a lot of people start, but don't finish.

Also, the best single ADD adventure is I6 Ravenloft. And that is what I ran together with WG4 and S4. The style of each is quite different, but I see that as a plus. I also set them all in the Carpathians, but that is another story entirely.

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
There are places where the party can train and level in those two modules, and moving back and forth between those and the dungeon/encounter areas, coupled with critters repopulating during those down-times will keep your players occupied for quite a while.

Makes sense. So, if the majority of these modules fall into Greyhawk, perhaps I ought to pony up for an old Greyhawk boxed set that might have a good map of the world and some general flavor text on the people, places, etc? Is there a 1E campaign set? Or did that come in 2E?

Back when I DM'ed, we used my "homebrew" campaign. I put that in quotes because it wasn't exactly PROfessional caliber, heh. Still, we have a great time.

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
The Tharizdun/ Tsojcanth is really cool and should surely be tried if you have never played it. I enjoyed playing and running them. If you can squeeze it in then run I1 :Dwellers of the Forbidden City. Its a personal favorite of mine. I ran it again several years ago using 3.0 and the adventure was still as awesome as ever.

Well, if you lived in Charlotte, NC, you could play in my campaign. Right now I have my wife and her sister. I'm desperate for players...

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
I love T1, but ToEE...I will just say it is an adventure a lot of people start, but don't finish.

I hear that's the case with alot of the old adventures, but that's fine. I'm working with new players. I can set their death expectations appropriately from the beginning.

Also, I hear you on Ravenloft. If I can get the right group together and get this 1E campaign off the ground, I'll run it next year in October.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I hear that's the case with alot of the old adventures, but that's fine. I'm working with new players. I can set their death expectations appropriately from the beginning.

Oh, its not about the deadly. They are all deadly.

Some people love it. Some people find that it really starts to drag, and can end in a way that leaves the PCs on the sidelines.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases