X4-5: across the mountains - IC

kinem

Adventurer
The party heads out of the guest house, searching for the source of the noise, presumably the 'curse' the monks warned of. You head towards the blacksmith shed.

It comes around the corner of a building. The ice-blue, serpentine body has six clawed legs, a long tail, and a reptilian head. Though longer than a man it is narrow, so you figure the beast might weigh as much as a man.

[sblock=map]
Code:
1 sq = 5'
XXX....X    X...X
X......X    X..X
XXX....XXDDXX.X
......S........D
XXXXXX......AR..X
     X......GB...D
     X......N.....X
     D............G
     D............G
     X.........XXXX
     X.........X

X = wall
D = door
G = gate

S = 'the curse'

A = Aram
B = Bevin
G = Girgal + Ripclaw
R = Rajah
N = Nargon
[/sblock]

ooc: PCs to act

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20 FF17 T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5

"So, um, Aram, is THAT the drake that we're looking for? Oh, brother, anybody got a drink? I must say, gents, I don't like the ill-favored looks of that beast!"

Rhun

First Post
"Well, the beast is certainly out of place," says Aram, drawing his scimitars as he rushes forward to engage the creature. The dervish approaches with care, slashing half-heartedly at the creature, and focusing more on defense than attack.

AC: 30, Hit Points 56/56, Initiative +5

Move 5' diagnally up/left, then 20' left
Combat Expertise [5] for AC30
Attack +7, damage 1d6+3/18-20

Rhun

First Post
Nargon too moves to engage, energy crackling along his spiked chain as he swings it about his head. With a toothy smile, the half-orc sends the weapon slashing forward toward the drake with fearsome strength.

AC: 18, Hit Points: 46/46, Initiative +3

Move 30' left, then 5' up
Hideous Blow: +15, damage 2d4+5d6+11 (10' reach)

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

"Does anyone of you, who pursued arcane knowledge, knows what this is?" Girgal asks the others.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape.

Initiative+ 3
Girgal and Ripclaw go full defense, waiting for an answer before engaging the enemy.

Hide+11, move silently +9

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Rockhammer Dwarf Rogue2/Enchanter6, AC20 FF17 T15, ASF 5%, HP44/44, F+4,R+8,W+5

OOC: Rajah, much to my surprise, has no training in any knowledge skills, so he has no clue. Bevin has Knowledge (Arcana) +14 (care to roll the check for me, Mr. DM?), and that's the most likely skill to reveal anything useful about the creature. I wonder if, perhaps, Girgal's Knowledge (Nature) might be just as useful?

kinem

Adventurer
As Aram and Nargon approach the strange creature they feel an intense chill from it.

Aram slashes with his scimitar but too soon, missing.

Nargon's deadly spiked chain lands solidly on the reptillian creature's back, causing a nasty wound, but the creature remains standing and snarls in anger.

ooc: Girgal, Bevin, Rajah to act.

[sblock=Leif]Bevin doesn't recognize the type of creature.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Bevin casts extended Daze Monster on the beast (save DC 15). Rajah directs Skelete to attack at once. [sblock=Kinem]I assume that you roll Skelete's attack? *shrug*[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Rajah turns to command his trusty troll skeleton, but it's not there. Of course! he remembers - the monks had insisted Skelete be left outside the gate.

The creature does not seem dazed by Bevin's spell.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

"Spirits of the dangerous sharpteeth and the terrifying hugemaw, lend your vicious might against this creature!" Girgal chants, summoning spirit jaws against the creature.

[sblock=ooc]
used Spells: Detect Magic, Enhance Wildshape, Spirit Jaws.

Spirit Jaws
Attack: 1d20+10; 1d20+5
Damage: 2d6
Grapple: 1d20+14 (automatic, if attack hits)

Ripclaw has:
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+13, Move Silently+9
[/sblock]

Remove ads