{Empty Room Studios Publishing} Upcoming Products announced

rick_hershey

First Post
Hey Folks,

Well, Empty Room Studios Publishing has been very busy with tons of new products, many just waiting to be uploaded, and I wanted to give a bit of a preview of what we have coming through the pipeline. So,check out, and feel free to ask any questions. I hope to have visual previews up soon.

HardBoiled:Roaring Supplements for Mystery, Mayhem, and the Macabre!-
Hard Boiled product line exists to provide quality visual aids dedicated to horror, pulp, noir and other genre games of the early 20th Century.

- Tile Sets: The next tile set for Hardboiled will be a church. This will be a multi-leveled set and include both the church and surrounding cemetery. Expect the same hi-level of detail and versatility found in all of our tile sets.

- Forms & Documents: The next set will go along with the church tiles in theme and include various forms found in a church. Wedding license,
death certificate, Ordainment papers, etc.

(NEW)- Paper Minis: ERSP will also produce our first set of gritty paper minis that will also go along with the HardBoiled line. These minis will come in a set of 10 figures and will tie into the church theme of this set. Expect to see a couple priests, nuns, gravediggers, and zombies show up.

Standard Stock Art

- Quick Covers: Expect to see a new cover up any day now. This cover looks like skin that has been stitched together, gruesomely realistic. Perfect for any horror type game. We'll also be expanding this line and creating page borders and other design elements with the same quality you've found with our current covers. . . and lots of variety.

- Stock Art: I have a new style that I will be using for now on for the stock art. It's a very modern look, but with the realism you expect from me. All stock will be in color and have a specific theme. Up next week is the first of the new set (with new cover design - ahhh!) covering Ork Warriors. After that, expect to see a set of Dragonfolk, perfect for your new edition products.

(NEW) Guest Stock Art: We will also be bringing in some stock art from some of our other Empty Room Studios Members. First up is fan favorite Jeremy Mohler. Expect to see a huge range of art from him, including full colored covers, grayscale interiors, and B&W images. Other artists will be announced in the future.

Tavern Menus

Fantasy Tavern Menus: Our next product will be a complete list of alcohol. Themed around a fantasy brewery/winery, this product is stylized to represent a catalog for merchants and innkeepers. Expect information on the owner, his various employees and brewers, and of course lists and descriptions on tons of beverages, both common and exotic.

Empty Room Cardstock Scenes-

Fantasy Tiles: We will have another basic dungeon tile set out soon.
We also will be launching our "World Tiles" sets that involve outdoor scenes, such as canyons, forests, cliffs, etc.

NEW LINE-
We will also be launching a new Board Game line. We recently required the rights to the Dungeon Dwellers' Fantasy Boardgame. The rules are being cleaned up and streamlined by writer Charles Rice. With the addition of new game play and rules, expect to see all new artwork, minis, cards, etc.

We also have 2 other products in the works, which will be announced shortly.

We also have news on a license we are working on acquiring which will be a fun and exciting product for both us and customers. . . hope to have details soon.

Ok,that's it. Thanks.

Treebore

First Post
Well I certainly like the Menu and tile products!!

Would the stock art be useable like those "old school" modules that provided pictures of scenes in the module? I believe Goodman even did it in a couple of their DCC's.

Anyways, do you know what kind of pic's I am talking about?

If your stock art won't work so well that way maybe you and your partners could create a folio or two.

You know another thing I have always wanted? You familiar with Grimtooth's Trap series? I have always wanted pictures showing the area before the trap is sprung, including visual clues with which to "spot" the trap, and then a picture showing it activated. Not necessarily Grimtooth's traps, but traps in general. IE rather generic.

Anyways, just a couple of ideas I thought I would inquire about.

rick_hershey

First Post
Hmm, yeah, I'm not sure what you mean by "scenes" . . . if you described one I could probably tell you.

Currently, the plan is to do character sets, featuring 4-5 characters each. We'll also do setting sets, each having 4-5 also. These will be themed, like a forest set or dungeon set, and will be designed so that the character images can be dropped into the setting. Same style, same angle, etc.

I like the trap idea. We had been talking about doing extremely generic scenes for a couple sets. Something like a tavern set. You would have handful of various tavern images with people doing those various things you do in a tavern. More filler art then anything, much like the setting scenes above. I could see doing traps much the same way.

Another idea we had was taking some generic characters and placing them in various situations. So, a stock set would have a 3 characters in a tavern, the same 3 characters in a dungeon, the same 3 characters fighting goblins, the 3 characters finding treasure, etc. The only problem is that these would have to be pretty generic to appeal to a wide range of publishers, and then your just not sure if it's going to be appealing enough to everyone and the sales equal the invested time.

rick_hershey

First Post
Yeah, Steampunk Musha. . . I swear I think it's cursed sometimes.

Here is the deal with SM OGL.

The book is done. All written, all art, ready to go. However, my layout guy we use to do big books like this is busy doing a comicbook issue for one of our clients. So, it's a matter of trying to get it to fit into his schedule.

In addition, we are redesigning the SM website. The new site will have tons of features, including short stories, webcomics, support material for the game, mobile content, forums, etc. A lot of stuff.

In addition, I'm currently finishing up a comic book for a client and will hopefully start on the SM comicbook, or find someone else to do it soon.

We also have a 4th edition version of the setting being worked on, but at a slower pace for the moment. So, that's what is going on with Steampunk Musha.

lmpjr007

Explorer
(NEW) Guest Stock Art: We will also be bringing in some stock art from some of our other Empty Room Studios Members. First up is fan favorite Jeremy Mohler. Expect to see a huge range of art from him, including full colored covers, grayscale interiors, and B&W images. Other artists will be announced in the future.
OK when will Jeremy Mohler artwork coming out so I can give him all of my money??? :)

rick_hershey

First Post
We will have Jeremy's set out next week. It's actually going to be two sets from him next week. One set will be a full colored cover, the second set will be various greyscale or b&w images for interiors.

So, expect to see 2 set releases every other week for that.

rick_hershey

First Post
Also, a couple quick notes.

Our paper miniatures, although realistic and gritty, will be done in the same format as the minis produced by our friends at One Monk Miniatures. So, expect to have our minis fully compatible with all the sets you've bought from their great mini lines.

And also, since I keep getting e-mails about it, yes - we will be eventually doing a sci-fi line of our tile sets. I don't know when, but it is planned.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases