D&D 4E Has anyone converted Pathfinder Adventure Path to 4e?

Jazz

First Post
Hello, guys.
I want to know if anyone has converted the Crimson Throne Adventure Path for 4e?
I am thinking about running it to my players but we have switchet to 4e and we are really enjoying the way it plays.
Has anyone done any corvertion?
Thanks a lot.

Jazz

Betote

First Post
Hello, guys.
I want to know if anyone has converted the Crimson Throne Adventure Path for 4e?
I am thinking about running it to my players but we have switchet to 4e and we are really enjoying the way it plays.
Thanks a lot.

Jazz

I recall seeing some conversion threads on the Paizo boards. I haven't looked at them myself (we are still in love with 3.5, and rediscovering that love with Pathfinder RPG), but I know some people who've used them and found them rather useful.

ferratus

Adventurer
I didn't convert an entire adventure path, but I did convert "Crown of the Kobold King" to 4e.

It was very easy, since all of the kobolds had class levels anyway which made them tanks, rogues, or ranged attackers. The default kobolds in the 4e Monster Manual matched up perfectly.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Never tried with the PF stuff, as I didn't get it. But converted the end of Savage Tide - a blessing, since high level play was giving me a high level migraine. I think it's generally easier to go from 3E to 4E than the other way around, so you should be OK.

Obviously, the best thing would be for 4E adventures to be of the old Dungeon magazine Adventure Path quality. That didn't seem to be the case, though the Trollhaunt module is very, very good. There's hope in Hobbitville.

WP

catsclaw227

First Post
I haven't done any Pathfinder adventures, but I have been converting our Age of Worms campaign to 4e. We did this mid-4th adventure (Hall of Harsh Reflections), and we are midway through the 5th adventure (Champion's Belt).

Dannager

First Post
I'm one of the people converting a Paizo adventure path to 4th Edition (and keep a thread on it on the Paizo forums). I'm doing Rise of the Runelords and am just about finished with the first adventure (Burnt Offerings). I'll be moving onto the next in the series this month.

All of my conversion notes are kept on a blog in a (hopefully) easy-to-use format. All the details for running the campaign in 4th Edition should be there, and you should be able to just drop the new encounters into the adventure in place of the old ones.

You can find the project blog at Tales from the Rusty Dragon.

Last edited:

Hello, guys.
Thanks a lot.

Jazz
One of my DMs is running Curse of the Crimson Throne in 4E. Unfortunately this means I can't give you any specifics, except it works. ;)

Starfox

Adventurer
I'm one of the people converting a Paizo adventure path to 4th Edition (and keep a thread on it on the Paizo forums). I'm doing Burnt Offerings and am just about finished with the first adventure. I'll be moving onto the next in the series this month.

All of my conversion notes are kept on a blog in a (hopefully) easy-to-use format. All the details for running the campaign in 4th Edition should be there, and you should be able to just drop the new encounters into the adventure in place of the old ones.

This looks VERY promising! I'm planning to run Rise of the Runelords as an introductory 4e campaign. The setting will be Perrenland in Greyhawk. I use a wiki to record my rules changes and such, tough there is not much there yet: Rise of the Runelords (4E - Hastur)

Last edited:

vagabundo

Adventurer
I'm one of the people converting a Paizo adventure path to 4th Edition (and keep a thread on it on the Paizo forums). I'm doing Burnt Offerings and am just about finished with the first adventure. I'll be moving onto the next in the series this month.

What do you use to format your stat blocks?

Dannager

First Post
What do you use to format your stat blocks?
Sadly enough, a word processor. It takes quite a while, but all the stat block generators I've seen make the blocks a good deal wider than they appear in official products. If you know of a good stat block creator that formats them as they appear in WotC supplements, I'd love to check it out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases