Character Builder Beta available

justanobody

Banned
Banned
My environment is Windows. I don't need some secondary crap to use. I find it funny how much other software isn't proprietary. I will not use any of the DDI tools requiring some .NET upgrade garbage, when it isn't needed.

I was looking forward to try waht DDI offered, but not with that kind of stuff needed for it. I wonder how much Microsoft gets for each subscription to DDI?

Thanks for the link and the info.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Downloaded it, and installed it but when I try to run it I get this error:

"Could not load type 'System.Windows.SplashScreen' from assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral"

Asmor

First Post
The updater's not working for me, says it can't connect to the network. I'm hoping that's because of the firewall here and I'll have better luck at home.

reezel

Explorer
My environment is Windows. I don't need some secondary crap to use. I find it funny how much other software isn't proprietary. I will not use any of the DDI tools requiring some .NET upgrade garbage, when it isn't needed.

I was looking forward to try waht DDI offered, but not with that kind of stuff needed for it. I wonder how much Microsoft gets for each subscription to DDI?

Thanks for the link and the info.
Wow as a .NET programmer, I'm totally baffled by your point. You need the latest framework to make it work, just like Java. Why would Microsoft get anything for that?

On the other hand, I am currently installing the character builder.

wedgeski

Adventurer

Oh for heaven's sake! So it requires the latest .NET? WHO CARES?!

My programs that require an earlier version of .NET and won't work when I update it.

Not that I enjoy those needing it either mind you. Its about as annoying as visual basic runtime libraries. :mad:

Well, if you actually have pre 3.5 applications, this shouldn't be a problem, since the older version stays on your machine. One of the many good things is that .Net is quite capable of versioning assemblies...

Remove ads