Character Builder Beta available

Zaukrie

New Publisher
This thing is great. One of my players just emailed me and asked that I slow advancement down so they don't make 4th level before it is out of beta. He never wants to have to write things down and do calculations himself again!

Hawke

Explorer
Yeah I'm considering trying to keep future games to <3 until we can go ahead and get some good sheets. Guess party death at the end of level 3 will become pretty common until those guys get more levels.

The team has done a great job. This is the first time I've been truly excited about DDI... and the first time I've felt like I'm happy to be a subscriber.

p.s. more levels? ;)

Dire Bare

Legend
3) I'd like to see a way to allow/disallow supplements. Would make it easy as a DM to state which you can and can't use. I know some areas it's obvious, but others (like the feats) could be made easier if the player just didn't see it.
Go the the "Finish" tab and click "Restrictions". It's not enabled yet, but it's there.

Thasmodious

First Post
Wow, bit late to the party, wasn't home today to play with it earlier. I am seriously impressed, this thing is great. No real feedback yet, just tinkering. I'll be putting it through its paces though, I've made dozens of characters since release to familiarize myself with everything.

Wow, bit late to the party, wasn't home today to play with it earlier. I am seriously impressed, this thing is great. No real feedback yet, just tinkering. I'll be putting it through its paces though, I've made dozens of characters since release to familiarize myself with everything.

I've made dozens of characters since I've had the Character Builder...

davethegame

Explorer
So while compiling my walk-through of the generator (located here: Hands-On: D&DI Character Generator Beta | Critical Hits) I made a sample artificer and noticed something interesting:

magicweaponpowercard.jpg

A new At-Will for the Artificer marked (PREVIEW) that doesn't exist on the Compendium.

I wonder if there are other things in there that are previews, unavailable elsewhere?

Agamon

Adventurer
This is really, really slick. Wow, I'm glad the game I run has a slower pace, might not have to use anything else.

Anyhoo, what do you guys think, is this a bug, lack of a feature, or intentional: I made my doppleganger warlock, no problems except that she wields a dagger (no magic rod yet) and her basic ranged attack is listed as the dagger, not Eldritch Blast, which is obviously far more optimal. There's no way to change this that I can see.

This, IMO, is DDI's killer app. I just love it. No more editing PDFs or whatever. No more changing the PCs bonuses etc every session (we find an error at least once a session). I cannot wait until the full version comes out. As a book completist (pretty much) having all the new crunch from each book in the CB will keep me subscribing for a long time....
... along with the fact I really I enjoying the quality of Dun and Drag eMags so far. Thankfully I print them all at work :)

EDIT:
Oh nice spot DTG!
Agamon: Def a bug report that fella IMO (and I take it that the CB is not the only demo you have enjoyed recently :) )

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Okay, so I've installed both PrimoPDF and CutePDF and can now print to PDF... but the Character Generator sends each page to the printer separately, so I end up with four PDF's of a page each for a single character. Arrrgh! At least I can take those separate PDF's to work and merge them there, I suppose, but this shouldn't be so hard...

Primo does allow you to append to pdfs. Just give the next page the same file name and tell it to append.

Now all I need is the paypal subscription option :.-(

Phaezen

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases