Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms wikipedia articles

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hey there. :) In our recent push to get D&D articles up to "Good Article" status, we have been successful with Gary Gygax and Wizards of the Coast. My original intention was to move immediately on to Dragonlance and then Forgotten Realms. However, looking at both of them (and Drow, the only other article in the 0.7 CD selection), I realize that they are both hardly referenced at all, and even then are referenced mostly to primary sources. I know that they both have as much ''potential'' to get to GA as the EGG and WotC articles, but due to lack of sourcing and relying on in-universe info, they are both a long way off.

What we need are "reliable sources", with which to source the info in these articles. If you have a book or magazine or something and can do the sourcing work yourself, then great. If you can point me to a website, then I can do the work. We need creator interviews, product reviews, publishing and sales information for the product lines, etc. Please reply here, or visit the project talk page for further discussion. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hey Cam, thanks. :) Since that is another wiki, about the only thing I can use it for is to mine it for the same sources used to write the articles there - on its own, I can't use it as a source.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Hey Cam, thanks. :) Since that is another wiki, about the only thing I can use it for is to mine it for the same sources used to write the articles there - on its own, I can't use it as a source.

That's exactly why I suggested it. :)

Cheers,
Cam

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
ah, OK cool. :) the best stuff i'm looking for would be, say, interviews with Hickman and Weis (or Ed Greenwood and others, in the case of FR) regarding how they came up with certain concepts for the setting, what their inspirations were for characters and locations, the genesis of the setting itself, and how they reacted to certain things; i also need product reviews of the novels and game supplements, and any press releases or news about sales figures and maybe information on when and how certain key books and products were published.

if you know of any specific items of that sort you can point me towards, that would save me some time. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
We have nominated the Forgotten Realms article for GA status. Will update on a new thread when/if it gets picked up. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases