Autocalculating Monster Builder (Beta)

Guyanthalas

First Post
Alright, so I read the manual of monster design and decided to create an autocalcing Excel sheet to do the work for me. It is completely customizable as far as formula goes, so if you'd rather change how it works just edited the correct tab (you'll need to unprotect the sheet first).

This is a beta version of the program, so i expect people to find bugs. In fact, i'm sure there are at least 50, but i've been staring at code for hours now and I can't even bring myself to try all the variables, so i'm letting it loose on the community. Please test it and post any changes or enhancements you'd like me to think about.

Some known issues:
It doesn't correctly bold the text as it does in the MM. This is a flaw in excel that I can correct only through using macros. I don't like the idea of releasing a sheet that is relient on them, because it gives people the heebee geebees when opening. I'll make another sheet if its really important.

It doesn't size the attack descriptions correctly. again, this would be a macro changing thing. Just drag the row to resize automatically for now.

It should display the correct icons if you have the D&D 4e icons installed. If not, get them: Here or it will just display the letters.

You have to manual hide the lines that say "please hide this row". (again, macro yadda yadda yadda)

The spacing/font/font size ect may be wrong. I'm pretty sure I have the colors right, but if anyone has a better idea on font size, font type, spacing, ect please feel free to let me know.

In the zip file you'll find an excel 97-2003 version, as well as an excel 2007 version. I've only tested the 2007, so please let me know if its incompatible!
Ok, that's all I can think of (serious brain burn), but I'll try to answer any questions you have tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who looks and it and trys it out!

Attachments

• MonsterMaker.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 163

Remove ads