Proposal 1 - dragon#364 made legal

Halford

First Post
To me it seems that these are some of the very few articles we will be able to provide free links to, and as such they should have a higher priority than future articles which will be less accesible.

I do not necessarily think we need to set a precedent here since there will be few, if any, additional free sources.

Dunamin

First Post
I'd be willing to reconsider my vote on the item articles if someone thinks that they're likely to actually use the items. My objections are more procedural than specific to the items in question.
I do. My PC would certainly be interested in a spear of Myrdroon's Shard.

Dunamin

First Post
A particularly great aspect for L4W with this weapon is that it begs to be flavored as inspired by the god Joven (we even nicknamed him Sky Lord like the giant in the article).

covaithe

Explorer
Okay, I'll have another look at it.

The main thing about reach that raises my hackles is memories of 3.5e large spiked chain wielders designed to get AoOs all across the battlefield. There's no way for 4e PCs to get access to Threatening Reach at the moment though, is there?

Dunamin

First Post
Okay, I'll have another look at it.

The main thing about reach that raises my hackles is memories of 3.5e large spiked chain wielders designed to get AoOs all across the battlefield. There's no way for 4e PCs to get access to Threatening Reach at the moment though, is there?
No. I haven't found anything, at least.

Note that you can't use the spear's reach power for OAs, either, if that eases your concern. Nor charges. It's a specific weapon power you use on your turn, not something you can substitute in other areas where you use basic attacks.

Ozymandias79

First Post
No, under 4 ED core rules there isn't, however if you include dragon#369 and Martial powers a minotaur can get reach 3 from his paragon path beastbloodied minotaur and then take eternal defender for epic path

and yes, I was also thinking of Woe when I added those extra articles(especially when I looked at the spears).

covaithe

Explorer
...which doesn't apply here, since the extra reach is only possible on a standard action (i.e. not on an OA).

I assume that for the item's daily power, the 1d8 lightning to each adjacent enemy is applied before the push?

Assuming that's the case, I'll change my vote to YES for that article.

elecgraystone

First Post
Note that you can't use the spear's reach power for OAs, either, if that eases your concern. Nor charges. It's a specific weapon power you use on your turn, not something you can substitute in other areas where you use basic attacks.
I know that reach weapons do not extend the area you can OA in, but I'm not sure on the others. What makes the weapons at-will power different from the players at-will basic attack? Off hand I don't remember anything that would stop you from using it for a non-reach OA, charge or any of the warlord powers that let you make a basic attack.

If there is something that states this, please let me know where it is.

Remove ads