Proposal 1 - dragon#364 made legal

garyh

First Post
I think we'll need to have the opportunity to do things on a rule-by-rule basis as well as book at a time. E.g. I think this proposal would probably be better as just requesting the Warforged change, but I'll be damned if I'm going to read item-by-item proposals for the Adventurer's Vault when it's time for that.

Not terribly happy about the concept of grandfathering in old rules for some players. We should all be playing from the same set of rules, regardless of when the character was made.

I agree on the first point, and I certainly can understand the second.

Halford

First Post
Yes I agree if oversized remains in play it must be selectable by new players. Either its available to everyone or to nobody.

Having read over some threads on the topic upon various forums I begin to think that it is sensible to eliminate oversized. Though as a player I remain hugely ticked off at wizards, and at the situation. Since I have no interest whatsoever in the racial feats or paragon paths it is a pure no win downgrade for Brudd :(, but one I might just have to suck up.

I really wish I could get hold of the actual article though.

Further more I am going to suggest we vote on this change now and disregard the three month policy for the oversized aspect. My reasoning behind this is that we want new players who bring in races with this ability to know where they stand.

garyh

First Post
I'd rather not have Hrav downgraded without even seeing what options he'll get (Bugbears aren't on any calendar I've seen). Perhaps instead a large disclaimer that MM races are subject to revision if and when they are published and fully expanded in another source?

Halford, your current e-mail references animated pasta, yes? (The Judge conversations are sometimes confusing for me, as folks use EN World and real names.)

covaithe

Explorer
FWIW, Dragon 364 is here. I was able to read the warforged article, and I don't have any kind of DDI subscription. (Yet? Not sure...)

I think before we can really go much farther on this, we need to clarify what it is that's being proposed. Is it:

• That the Warforged Resolve racial power be amended to match the description in that article?
  • That the entire warforged article be adopted, including racial feats and the warforged paragon paths?
  • That the entire content of Dragon 364 be adopted, where applicable?
  • Something else?

For myself, I think that the narrower this proposal was, the more interested I would be in it.

Ozymandias79

First Post
I for one would like the articles: playing warforged and Class acts: wizard to be amended, I did see some magic items in the wolves of Maldeen article but them i do without.
But number 1 on the wishlist the "playing warforged"-article.

Ozymandias79

garyh

First Post
FWIW, Dragon 364 is here. I was able to read the warforged article, and I don't have any kind of DDI subscription. (Yet? Not sure...)

I think before we can really go much farther on this, we need to clarify what it is that's being proposed. Is it:

• That the Warforged Resolve racial power be amended to match the description in that article?
  • That the entire warforged article be adopted, including racial feats and the warforged paragon paths?
  • That the entire content of Dragon 364 be adopted, where applicable?
  • Something else?

For myself, I think that the narrower this proposal was, the more interested I would be in it.

Issue 364 will always be free, according to WotC. So no worries there. Halford was referring to being unable to see the currest issue's minotaur article.

I think for this instance this...

That the entire warforged article be adopted, including racial feats and the warforged paragon paths?

...should be what we consider.

EDITED to add that this is, after all, Ozymandias79's proposal, so it should be whatever he nominates that we're considering (at the appropriate time).

Halford

First Post
Correct SpaghettiGolem@live.com, I am in agreement with Covaithe on narrow focus for now. I suggest we first move to approve the warforged changes as a whole - of course Warforged got a power up, mutter, mutter :rant:. Though of course we still need to wait until December 15th.

garyh

First Post
I love warforged and love the article on them. I'm just bummed the race I chose to play here first looks to be getting nerfed eventually.

Which reminds me, we'll also need to evaluate the multiple character issue.

But I digress...

Sorry for all this stuff landing in your thread, Ozymandias79! You stirred the hornets' nest, it seems. :) We'd been pretty content to wait until December to discuss the "3 month after launch" issues, but now we're all atwitter.

Halford

First Post
They are apparently in 369 and are currently only for the Minotaur, though it apparently seems clear that they will be across the board according to various threads I have been perusing - some of which featured the like of Mike Mearls virtually confirming this.

Remove ads