Forked Thread: What level of support do you want in your Adventure Path?

Rokes

First Post
Forked from: What level of support do you want in your Adventure Path?

Admiral Caine said:
What do you look for or want in terms of support in any Adventure Path?

Similarly, how much support do you want in your campaign, be it a single session or a module encompassing a few levels?

The owner of my EFLGS (E = Extremely) made a suggestion the other day, and it's been stuck in my head every since. He suggested that WotC should publish an adventure that was all inclusive. A "box set" that included the adventure, miniatures, dungeon tiles, character sheets, everything you'd need to run a WotC adventure. We didn't discuss if it'd be like a basic set that included core rules in some form, but I'm going to take his idea and expand on it a bit.

I've been preparing to run Rescue at Rivenroar and read Success Along the Adventure Path yesterday. In that article it mentions all the DDM figures and Dungeon Tiles that could be used. While that's nice and all, since the DDM figures are random, it's not easy to get all those figures suggested.

So my question is would you buy an adventure that included all the game aids WotC recommends you use?

My initial thoughts:

• I'm not sure how big the adventure should/could be. As it gets bigger, it'd have to include more and more minis (unless it was creatively written to reuse a lot of the same figures).
  • I believe there would be a market for such a "Premium" adventure. Expensive yes, but no more than some other popular products out there.
  • What other items should be included? Player handouts are a must, and perhaps are more important than minis or tiles. I'm speaking of "hand written" notes, maps, clues, etc.
  • Obviously you don't "need" minis or dungeon tiles to run a WotC adventure. I'm not intending this thread to be a discussion about that. ;)

justanobody

Banned
Banned
I did it with the closet things AD&D had to all-inclusive, and would do it again for anything I wanted in the future.

I think all things needed for an adventure should be in it, not really full of see book F for this.

If it isn't in the "core" books, then it should be with the adventure. Of course settings books aside, as that would be something to replace your PHB in a way as a "core" book.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases