Votes: 43 22.5%
  • Neutral on classes, prefer 3E

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • Neutral on classes, edition neutral

Votes: 10 5.2%

Try this again, with a poll?

Forked from: Testing The Correlation Between Class Preference And 4E Love/Hate

firesnakearies said:
So, I have a theory. Let's see how the poll turns out.

For those of you who are largely happy with 4E, especially its classes, powers system, and resource management model . . . did you typically prefer spellcaster-types or non-spellcaster-types in earlier editions?

For those of you who are more dissatisfied with 4E, particularly the classes, powers system, or resource management model . . . did YOU typically like spellcaster-types or non-spellcaster-types before?

If you were/are neutral on one or both of these issues, then never mind. Your opinion doesn't count.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Lately I've been gaming with the RC/BX rules, and it is fast becoming (returning to?) my favorite game system. So that pretty much makes me neutral in the 3E/4E debate.

And with those older rules, the characters feel a lot more balanced to me...at least with regard to spellcasters and non-spellcasters, anyway.

So I voted neutral on both.

garyh

First Post
I liked melee types in 3e and refused to touch casters with ye old ten foot pole most of the time due to complexity and/or frailness. So 4e making martial characters cool makes me happy. However, I also like the way 4e has made casters more accessible, and enjoy those as well now. My two most-played characters are a human warlock and bugbear rogue.

Essentially, 4e has made my preferred martial classes more fun, and made casters much more to my liking as well. Win / Win for me.

Drakhar

First Post
I liked melee types in 3e and refused to touch casters with ye old ten foot pole most of the time due to complexity and/or frailness. So 4e making martial characters cool makes me happy. However, I also like the way 4e has made casters more accessible, and enjoy those as well now. My two most-played characters are a human warlock and bugbear rogue.

Essentially, 4e has made my preferred martial classes more fun, and made casters much more to my liking as well. Win / Win for me.
That's pretty much what I did as well (Only caster I'd ever consider playing was a Sorceror just because I didn't have to worry about memorizing spells.) I prefer 4e not only because it's actually made me interested in playing any class, but also because it's not as bogged down by rules as 3.x was.

Rokes

First Post
This poll makes my head hurt. What is it really trying to show us?

I think what we're after is result like:

If you prefer spellcasters you prefer 3e, and if you prefer non-spellcasters, you prefer 4e.

Right?

What's with the edition and class neutral options then?

Imban

First Post
This poll makes my head hurt. What is it really trying to show us?

I think what we're after is result like:

If you prefer spellcasters you prefer 3e, and if you prefer non-spellcasters, you prefer 4e.

Right?

What's with the edition and class neutral options then?

...um, a poll that is constructed with the intent of showing a specific result is a bad poll. You have to be open to having your thesis disproven, too.

Back on topic, I'm putting myself as preferring spellcasters and 3e, though for me it's correlation, not causation. ;)

Starbuck_II

First Post
I prefer spellcasters and prefer 4E.

However, I will note I don't prefer Tier 1 spellcasters :Wizard, Druid, Cleric, Archivist.

I prefer Tier 2 and lower: Bard, Wu jen, etc.

I will play any system though as I lack a DM right now and need my D&D fix :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases