Icemist and Beyond: Characters from Small Beginnings

fett527

First Post
LiVeWiRe said:
Fett,

Any chance you could post a quick rundown on each character and their respective player(s)?

Something like...

Fett--Ashrem
Bubbalicious--Pack
etc.

Thanks!

LiVeWiRe,
Can you explain a little more on what you're asking for? If it's just posters to players you've got half of it already. Here's the other half:

Enkhidu--Ander
Aurora--Aurora (she has posted a couple of times to the story hour thread)
dshai527--DM (the best DM in the world and would make a great pirate, GO STEELERS :D)

Neither Worm's nor Theo's players are on ENWorld at present. Let me know if that's what you were wanting to know.

fett527

First Post
Ionian

Ionian is a language that can be selected by players. It is the language of the southern kingdom of Ion and is from where Ander (the "southern ranger") originates.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
fett527 said:

LiVeWiRe,
Can you explain a little more on what you're asking for? If it's just posters to players you've got half of it already. Here's the other half:

Enkhidu--Ander
Aurora--Aurora (she has posted a couple of times to the story hour thread)
dshai527--DM (the best DM in the world and would make a great pirate, GO STEELERS :D)

Neither Worm's nor Theo's players are on ENWorld at present. Let me know if that's what you were wanting to know.

That's essentially what I wanted...forgot that neither Worm's nor Theo's players are visiting the boards here yet.

Also, seem to forget that Enkhidu is a player and not "Co-DM"! :D

Thanks!

fett527

First Post
More stats are forthcoming, please stay tuned.

*taps foot, waiting for dshai527 to hand over more character sheets*

Black Bard

First Post
While we wait...

Fett, while we patiently wait for the stats, I have a question...

I think that you guys roleplay very well in the sessions, I`m just asking for the sake of curiosity...Do Dshai award XP for good roleplay??

In my case, half of the XP comes from roleplaying, and even then I`m not fond of seeing my players leveling up in the middle of nowhere without any training...

fett527

First Post
Re: While we wait...

Black Bard said:
Fett, while we patiently wait for the stats, I have a question...

I think that you guys roleplay very well in the sessions, I`m just asking for the sake of curiosity...Do Dshai award XP for good roleplay??

Absolutely, always have always will. We STRESS roleplay as much as possible in our long term campaigns. Backgrounds, personality and character development are very important. Don't get me wrong, we like a hack and slash as much as the next gamer, but only in the short term (Like our one-shot we did this weekend as 13th level characters and I got to roll 15d6 for damage. Over and over again. There's just a special kind of ecstasy to rolling that many six sided dice for damage).

In my case, half of the XP comes from roleplaying, and even then I`m not fond of seeing my players leveling up in the middle of nowhere without any training...

We have had conversations about this very issue. As a matter of fact dshai had decided as a house rule when we started that we could not put ranks into untrained skills unless we found someone experienced enough (5 ranks at least) to train with. Also, we could not increase in level in another class without someone of sufficient experience in that class (at least 5th level) to train with. Any of these could be overruled by the DM for special circumstances of course.

Thanks for the questions, please keep asking as I really enjoy this!

fett527

First Post
Here she is, Miss Rora Angel herself!

Aurora

Human Female Sorceress 2; medium sized humanoid (human); HD 2d4+4; hps 12; Init +5 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Speed 30 ft; AC 11 (+1 Dex); Attack: BAB: +1; +1 (Wand/Mace); Dmg: 1d6 (x2); SV Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +3; AL CG; Str 10, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 18.

Languages: Torian, Draconic, Elven

Skills: Concentration +7, Craft (Pottery) +4, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +5, Profession (Herbalist) +4, Scry +3, Search +3, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +3, Spot +1

Feats: Improved Initiative, Scribe Scroll

Special Abilities: Sorcerer Weapon Proficiencies, Spellcasting, Call Familiar

Spells: 6/5 per day. Known- 0 lvl: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Ray of frost, Read Magic; 1st lvl: Mage Armor, Magic Missile

Weapons, Armor and Items of Interest:
Mirror
Signet ring
Wand*
Wand from Lizon (Dragon Missles)**
Bone Ring***

Athena, Aurora's familiar
Owl; Tiny sized animal; HD 2; hps 6; Speed 10 ft; Attack: +6; Dmg: 1d4-2 (Claws)

Special Abilities: Low-light vision, Master gains +2 bonus on Move Silently checks, Alertness (to master when at arms length), Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Emphatic Link

*Aurora’s Wand – a Gift to Aurora from her mother before she died in childbirth of her third child. It is a slim black stick with no markings. When a sorcerer holds it they can feel raw energy flowing throughout its length, when swung a mystical force the shape of a mace flows around the stick. It is the same magical force that comprises mage armor so it may hit incorporeal creatures. The wand also allows 5 levels of magic to be stored into it (All types, Divine, Arcane) and released with a key word given at the time of storage.

**Dragon Missile Wand - Fashioned from an ivory-hued dragon's tooth. It is a 3rd level wand of Magic Missile.

***Ring of Bone – A ring crafted from the bone of a devil. Crafted by the late necromancer, Dokrikus, for the general of his army. The ring allows the wielder to expend a charge to mold bones into armor. The AC of the armor is equal to the HD of the creature it came from, not to exceed 15. The armor lasts for 10 rounds before another charge must be expended to keep the armor. Additional charges may be used to add bones to the armor, but charges must be spent per corpse to maintain it. The ring holds 30 charges and can be recharged, but only the late necromancer knew how (he did this to keep the generals reporting to him). The ring is currently out of charges. The last ability of the ring uses no charges but can pull the wearer’s own skeleton from his body to act as an exoskeleton, the armor bonus for this method is a d6 + ½ your level. The transformation is painful and deals 1 pt of damage per round that the armor is up, and spell casting requires a concentration check.

It has been a lot of fun gaming with Aurora as a person (she is dshai527's lovely wife) and the character. Aurora is not an experienced roleplayer, but getting better every session, and it does wonders as her inexperience comes through in the character Aurora. It has provided for some great moments.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Re: Here she is, Miss Rora Angel herself!

This:

fett527 said:
The last ability of the ring uses no charges but can pull the wearer’s own skeleton from his body to act as an exoskeleton, the armor bonus for this method is a d6 + ½ your level. The transformation is painful and deals 1 pt of damage per round that the armor is up, and spell casting requires a concentration check.

is freaky. Who dreamed that little monstrosity up?

I find it interesting that the Sorceress is carrying that ring around. The only ability that it currently has seems largely useless to her since she already has Mage Armor. On top of that, she has fewer hit points than the other party members and it would force her to make Concentration checks to use her spells, which one would assume is her primary function in battle.

Regardless, it is very cool. I like the mace/wand too.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Re: Re: Here she is, Miss Rora Angel herself!

Rel said:
This:

[Description of Ring of Bone]

is freaky. Who dreamed that little monstrosity up?

I find it interesting that the Sorceress is carrying that ring around. The only ability that it currently has seems largely useless to her since she already has Mage Armor. On top of that, she has fewer hit points than the other party members and it would force her to make Concentration checks to use her spells, which one would assume is her primary function in battle.

Regardless, it is very cool. I like the mace/wand too.

I'll field this one.

That one is all the work of our twisted DM, D'Shai. I think he gets off on giving us magic itmes with serious drawbacks, serious weirdness, or both.

For example, he's the one who gave a 1st level character in 2nd Ed Guantlets of Ogrishness - note that I didn't say Guantlets of Ogre Power, I said Guantlets of Ogrishness. Sure you got the strength, but you also lost a whole mess of INT, WIS, and CHA and grew in size and form to look like an ogre.

ANyway, the only thing the party (at this point in the story hour) knows about the ring is that it's possibly quite powerful, but also extremely dangerous and painful to the wearer.

So basically, Aurora carries it because she's too new to know when to be afriad of D'shai's magic items. You'd think she would know better after marrying the guy...

fett527

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Here she is, Miss Rora Angel herself!

Enkhidu said:
For example, he's the one who gave a 1st level character in 2nd Ed Guantlets of Ogrishness - note that I didn't say Guantlets of Ogre Power, I said Guantlets of Ogrishness. Sure you got the strength, but you also lost a whole mess of INT, WIS, and CHA and grew in size and form to look like an ogre.

Ah...the Gauntlets of Ogrishness. Such a fun item. I happened to be playing the Swashbuckler that kept the ogre in line and had to convince him to take off the gloves just about every time. Funny thing is, that wasn't even the tip, sliver or chip of the iceberg as far as magic items with drawbacks.
ANyway, the only thing the party (at this point in the story hour) knows about the ring is that it's possibly quite powerful, but also extremely dangerous and painful to the wearer.

That's the thing to remember, and painful to the wearer. No one has wanted to endure the pain. Remember, we are big on roleplaying and not one of the characters has had any inclination to use the ring...until recently.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases