Icemist and Beyond: Characters from Small Beginnings

fett527

First Post
LiVeWiRe said:

Just want to be sure I"m following this Lightning bolt thing correctly...

Theo has the lightning bolts instead of the ability to turn undead? i.e. He doesn't have any chance of turning any undead creatures?

That is correct. The ability to throw the lighting bolts supplants the ability to turn undead.

Thanks for the info Fett! Keep the characters, etc. coming! :D

Not a problem, you know I love it!

Worm's the only one left, so look for him sometime next week.

Black Bard

First Post
A bit of a incentive...

Fett, my friend...Here goes a suggestion...
Unfortunately, we, loyal followers of the Small Beginnings Story Hour, are not going to have our weekly fix to satisfy our story hour beast ...
So, I was thinking...You could post some more in this thread!!!
Even post some stuff related to the world you guys play...
What do you think???
:D

fett527

First Post
Hmmm

Black Bard,
I like that idea and I will see what I can do. I have to consult with dshai and Enk as we don't want to throw anything out there that may ruin the story. I'll talk to them today. Thanks for the interest!

fett527

First Post
Re: A bit of a incentive...

Black Bard said:
Fett, my friend...Here goes a suggestion...
Unfortunately, we, loyal followers of the Small Beginnings Story Hour, are not going to have our weekly fix to satisfy our story hour beast ...
So, I was thinking...You could post some more in this thread!!!
Even post some stuff related to the world you guys play...
What do you think???
:D

I did start posting tidbits about the world at large such as the comments on the languages:
Ionian is a language that can be selected by players. It is the language of the southern kingdom of Ion and is from where Ander (the "southern ranger") originates.

Is that like what you were asking for Black Bard?

Let's try this. I'll still post information related directly to the story hour, for example you can look forward to stats on Worm, Icemantle and Orloff. Why don't you guys throw some questions out about what you would like me to go into more detail on. We did post our world submission on the story hour thread and I know there must be some questions there. I think a more directed approach will benefit everybody. We of course won't be able to answer everything, but we will do our best. I will also try and post other world related items as well as we see fit. What do you think?

Black Bard

First Post
While we wait - the revenge...

Fett, my friend...
I was thinking about the long time yet to come before we, loyal followers of Small Beginnings, get another chance to satisfy our story hour beast...
And an idea just came to my mind...What do you think of posting some more in this thread??? You could even reveal some more of Icemist or Ageal...:D

Black Bard

First Post
Sorry...

Fett, I`m sorry for the doubled "While we wait"posts...You may have noticed that they quite similar, and that`s because when I posted the second time I was having some problems visualizing this webpage, so I couldn`t see if my previous post had been sent or even your answers...Sorry...

Is that like what you were asking for Black Bard?

Let's try this. I'll still post information related directly to the story hour, for example you can look forward to stats on Worm, Icemantle and Orloff. Why don't you guys throw some questions out about what you would like me to go into more detail on. We did post our world submission on the story hour thread and I know there must be some questions there. I think a more directed approach will benefit everybody. We of course won't be able to answer everything, but we will do our best. I will also try and post other world related items as well as we see fit. What do you think?

I think it`s great!!!
For now, I want to leave two questions...
1) Icemist is part of a kingdom or something?? Or a free city??
2) If it`s not going to spoil the integrity of the story, I would wish to know something more about Lizon... :D

Anyway Fett, it`s been such a pleasure to accompany you all in your adventures, and I`m sure you enjoy it as much as we, your readers...
So, thanks for the big time!!!

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Black Bard said:

For now, I want to leave two questions...
1) Icemist is part of a kingdom or something?? Or a free city??
2) If it`s not going to spoil the integrity of the story, I would wish to know something more about Lizon... :D

Black Bard beat me to it! Those are 2 of the questions I was going to ask...

I'll throw in a third however: Can you elaborate any on the adventuring group that Lizon and her husband were a part of? It was mentioned near the beginning of the SH...

Looking forward to the responses! :D

Thanks!

Bubbalicious

First Post
Answers

Since I'm apparently the first to see the last two posts, I'll take the liberty to answer.

Icemist IS a part of the kingdom of Tor, but is way out in the Northern outskirts of the kingdom, bordering on the mountainous (and dangerous!) Northern Wilderness. Think Alaskan trapping/mining outpost. Though we are technically part of the kingdom, we feel very little of its influence, except for the presence of Chris, the village Reeve, who was personally appointed by the King, and Abil, the Captain of the Watch, who seems to have a hidden agenda for being in town.

Icemist is mostly a backwoods village, except for the festival every Harvest. The festival started as mostly a time for all nearby villages, all the nomadic Barbarian clans in the region, and all other farmers, hunters, trappers, and people who prefer living in the middle of nowhere to come together to buy, sell, and trade goods and wares, and participate in, and watch, games (mostly barbarian games) and performances (both dramatic and musical). (Basically a cross between a Ren fair, County fair, and Grateful Dead concert) The festival has grown even beyond that as a gathering of such size naturally draws gawkers, peddlers, Carpetbaggers, Snake oil salesmen, and pickpockets. (Thieves caught in the act are dealt with swiftly and mercilessly by the barbarians, so they are not much of a problem) For two weeks, our small village becomes a major city, though comprised of thousands of tents. As such, many of the inhabitants of Icemist are people who came for the festival and stayed for one reason or another.

Next post for answers about Lizon.

Bubbalicious

First Post
Lizon

I can really only tell you what I know about Lizon, that she is a wonderful person and the closest thing I know to a mother. She and her husband travelled with a man named Dueca who was born in Icemist. When they all decided to leave adventuring behind them, Lizon and her husband decided to open an Inn and Tavern in Icemist to capitalize on the festival crowds. The Shimmering Sword is essentially two buildings in one: A small, cozy Inn and Tavern attached to a much larger building which is only opened for Festival. The Shimmering Sword is named for the enormous blade that hangs over the bar. Dueca also stayed in town, working as a watchman, and is regarded as a hero by both the people of Icemist and the Barbarians, though he is now getting on in years. Dueca frequently spends time in The Shimmering Sword telling stories of their adventuring days, though there are events he seems to dislike talking about as he occasionally catches himself skirting too close to certain topics and then quickly changing the direction of his story (especially after Lizon shoots him a warning glance). Lizon doesn't much like to talk about their adventuring days.

Lizon is fond of strays. The more desperate their need, the stronger her affection and compassion. Her husband died before I was born, so I never knew him, and don't know much about him as Lizon doesn't talk much about things personal to her, but rather always seems to turn a conversation back around to the person she's talking to. I was left (abandoned) with Lizon by my parents, who were leaving on what was apparently some dangerous, but important, mission of which they would give no details. I was always a VERY weak child, and Lizon's love for me at times almost seems to rival her love for her own daughter. Almost. Much of who I am is because of my eagerness to help her and please her. She also raised Worm, who is also an orphan. The Shimmering Sword really only needs one waitress, except at festival time, but besides her daughter, she has also taken on two other waitresses: Melisa, who came to Icemist to escape an abusive husband, and Rachel, who Lizon bought from the slave pens and really isn't very friendly or much of a waitress.

I hope this answers your questions adequately.
Sincerely, Pack.

Black Bard

First Post
Answers...

Hey Pack,

Thanks for all the information, and please accept my apologies in case I am prying too much in your beloved mother`s life...

Thanks.

Remove ads