Icemist and Beyond: Characters from Small Beginnings

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Rel said:

We should try to do this more often too. But I've got to give credit to our current DM, The Lone Corndog, he's doing a pretty good job of providing interesting items. The most interesting so far is "The Stinky Bag of Holding".

The SBoH was apparently used as a latrine at a monastery. The facilities consisted of a hole in a bench with a Bag of Holding underneath to catch the waste. Then, when the bag eventually filled up (which I'm sure took quite some time), it was emptied into their compost for use in the gardens. The monastery was eventually abandoned and sat vacant for a long time until our party ousted some goblins living there and recovered the bag. But it has retained a certain faint but distinct stench. Suffice it to say that while we like the bag for how it eases our heavy loads, we don't store any of our food in it.

The SBoH is definitely an interesting item to say the least! Think of it as a 'minor' cursed item...you have its use, "but it has retained a certain but distinct stench"!

Never would have suspected some monks to come up with such a thing though! :D

fett527

First Post
Re: Re: Magic Items

LiVeWiRe said:
Fett, did your swashbuckler ever defeat 'Stiletto'? [/B]

Stiletto was an ally NPC so I was not fighting him in combat just competing for showmanship. And no I never showed him up. :mad:

I did nail his sister though!:D

fett527

First Post
Re: Re: Magic Items

LiVeWiRe said:
And, I'd love to hear the story about the fate of Dunlor's Right Gauntlet! [/B]

Someday I hope we get to tell it. It's an epic story. Who knows what the future holds?

Black Bard

First Post
Cool items...

Creating the magical items' history is excellent... Not only for the flavor it instills in the game, but for the fun it's for the DM!!!

BTW, Pin & Needle deserves a special comment: "Arrr!!!":D

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Re: Re: Re: Magic Items

fett527 said:

Stiletto was an ally NPC so I was not fighting him in combat just competing for showmanship. And no I never showed him up. :mad:

I did nail his sister though!:D

Well, with that info..you may have not 'won the battle', but you definitely 'won the war' (so to speak)! ;)

Dungannon

First Post
Re: Feloine Racial Abilities and Traits

fett527 said:
OK, I am posting the racial traits for the panther feloine race which is what Ashrem is. Please note that there are other feloine subraces besides the panthers and where we specifically say panther feloine those traits are only applicable to the panther. All other traits are applicable to all feloines. We toiled for awhile on deciding these traits and keeping them playable and not overpowering. We did testing before we started the campaign and so far things have gone well during actual play as well. Please feel free to comment and ask questions. Thanks for the interest!

Was the feloine created "out of whole cloth", as they say, by your group, or were they based on an existing race. The reason I ask is because they sound similar to the Rakasta from the legendary Isle of Dread module.

dshai527

First Post
The feloines were created a long time ago when I first started creating my world. They are made "out of whole cloth" by myself based on a piture I saw from the Isle of dread module and old eqyptian pictures.

When I was about 13 years old my family moved to Europe (Soesterberg, Netherlands)and it was hard to find anyone to game with. I had a regular Marvel Superheroes group, but they were never interested in Dungeons and Dragons. I also didn't own any of the books, except the players guide. At the thrift store one day I found a box set and it had a few torn pages of the isle of dread module. I began building my world and it would be 5 years before anyone would ever play in it.

The feloines started as a shadowy NPC race, until Fett decided he wanted to play one. They have evolved from 1st ed to 2nd and now third and Fett has done a great job of aiding me in fleshing them out and defining their culture.

I would love to tell you more on the feloine history but I don't wanna give any more away right now. This campaign is featuring many players who have never played in my world so a lot of history explanation is coming up in the story, once the true plot is revealed. Enk and I have decided to let it all unfold in the story rather than give it away before hand.

As a DM I have always believed that you have to be willing to let the players actions define the world or change it. We have had many earth shaking campaigns and this one is shaping up to be the same. I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to ask any questions you like and as long as it doesn't take away from the story I would be happy to answer.

fett527

First Post
dshai527 said:
The feloines started as a shadowy NPC race, until Fett decided he wanted to play one. They have evolved from 1st ed to 2nd and now third and Fett has done a great job of aiding me in fleshing them out and defining their culture.

I'm not sure why I focused in on the feloines. We started the first campaign I played in dshai's world and he wanted an unusual flavor of characters in the mix. My first character was a centaur that died at 1st level in a very heroic, yet clumsy, manner. A word of advice, you don't want to miss a dex check when you're being chased by Will 'O Wisps.:p Dshai had introduced the feloines as NPCs and I asked and he agreed so I played one. As I recall we hadn't done much as far as fleshing out special racial traits at that time, but I was in love with the concept. I have played 3 different feloines now and am still the only person to play one in game. I certainly love being an integral part of shaping their culture.

fett527

First Post
Meepo the Barbarian

Here's Aurora's favorite pet. You'd think Athena would be jealous by now!

Meepo

Kobold Male Barbarian 2; small sized humanoid (kobold); HD 2d12+6; hps 30; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Speed 40 ft; AC 16 (+4 Dex, +1 size, +1 natural); Attack: BAB: +3 (+2 class, +1 size); +2 (Halfspear); Dmg: 1d6 (x3); SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +1; AL CN; Str 10, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 15.

Languages: Draconic

Skills: Climb +4, Craft (Trapmaking) +2, Handle Animal (Dragon) +5, Intimidate +6, Listen +6, Search +2, Swim +1, Wilderness Lore +3

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Alertness

Special Abilities: Barbarian Armor and Weapon Proficiencies, Rage 1/day, Fast Movement, Uncanny Dodge-retain dex bonus to AC

Weapons, Armor and Items of Interest:
Halfspear

What Meepo's personality has molded into goes to show you the creativity and fun dshai puts into every aspect of his campaigns. Stay tuned as there will be even more surprises from the scaly one.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I love this take on Meepo. Kobold Barbarian! Whoda thunk it?

I'm afraid that in the Sunless Citidel solo game I'm running for my wife that Meepo is a compartively boring Rogue. Ah well. Maybe he can multiclass!

Thanks for posting that, Fett.

Remove ads