DDM Lives! Through Official Fan License.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
* WotC would provide the licensee with access to the use of copyright intellectual property including:

* Miniatures character names and artwork
* Proprietary icons & fonts
* Use of D&D Miniatures trademark and logo
* D&D Miniatures card template and layout

What? So all those people making their own cards with MSE and other programs can now sell them?

I got to read this thing REAL close!

evilgenius8000

First Post
What? So all those people making their own cards with MSE and other programs can now sell them?

I got to read this thing REAL close!

Actually, only the official licensees, IE the three dudes they named at the bottom of the article. Also, it states the license is for not-for-profit use only, meaning the licensees cannot make money off DDM.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Actually, only the official licensees, IE the three dudes they named at the bottom of the article. Also, it states the license is for not-for-profit use only, meaning the licensees cannot make money off DDM.

You don't have to make a profit to sell things. PDF cards could be free, but what about print-on-demand cards from somewhere to have cards for those that don't have high-end printers and a new ink cartridge for each DDM stat card.

So only the "Guild" can make stats for ANY mini?

Not that you know the answer to this either, but I will ask since I don't know where to find it....

Does this "guild" plan on doing only 2.0 or 1.0 stats for existing DDM sets, and/or future Heroes and Monster sets?

Few loose ends left untied in that article.

I cannot currently imagine any significant way in which this is not great news! Community-based development rocks! :lol:

(Nope, I buy the minis but I don't play DDM, if that matters at all.)

I'm happy to answer any questions about the DDM Guild. In the meantime, here are a couple links that might be helpful.

DDM Guild Fact Sheet: http://homepage.mac.com/demetrious/PDflooring/DDMGuildFactSheet.pdf

DDM Guild Update - Wizards Community

Also, please visit our website to sign up for information updates: http://ddmguild.com/

We hope to have a full website live soon. The goal is to have our official launch at D&D Experience 2009.
Congratz, btw, JohnnyQuest! I'm sure you're really excited about this!

Oh, and btw, it's good to finally see you over in this neck of teh intarwebs! I know this isn't exactly a hotspot for DDM-talk, but please do stop by more often! You always seem pleasant on the Gleemax boards.

JohnnyQuest

First Post
Well thanks, Doc! I'm a DM, too, so I will jump into some more conversations, I think. I'm very much excited about continuing the skirmish game. It's an amazing opportunity.

Remove ads