Dragonslayers

Shroomy

Adventurer
There are some neat PPs in this article (my favorites being the Scourge of Io and the Draconic Antithesis), but I'm not sure how I feel about classes, even PPs, having the exact same power. Maybe its just the shock of the new and I'll get over it (probably will).

Jack99

Adventurer
There are some neat PPs in this article (my favorites being the Scourge of Io and the Draconic Antithesis), but I'm not sure how I feel about classes, even PPs, having the exact same power. Maybe its just the shock of the new and I'll get over it (probably will).

Are you talking about the 11th level ability called Dragon-Slayer's action? If so, I think it is pretty cool that every PP have one defining ability in common, but otherwise are completely different - except that they are made to battle dragons!

Looks very good Ari - again.

Last edited:

Derren

Hero
And I thought that because of all the balance worship in 4E WotC would be smart enough not to make anti-classes.

I wonder why they didn't appear in the Draconomicon.

RefinedBean

First Post
And I thought that because of all the balance worship in 4E WotC would be smart enough not to make anti-classes.

I wonder why they didn't appear in the Draconomicon.

Well, Derren, some sweet day WotC and everyone else will run their design ideas by you before publishing anything.

Until that happy day, onward!

The timing of this release is tight, no bones about it. With the Draconomicon released, a lot of DMs are going to be all spaz-tastic about dragons again. Now, players can be excited about it as well.

As for the actual PPs, they seem balanced with other PPs so long as the players have a good idea what they're getting themselves into. I'm sure a kind DM would say "Hey...yeah...I'm not really, ah, not really going to throw that many DRAGONS at you. Might want to rethink that. Yeah."

Fallen Seraph

First Post
While there certainly is a focus toward Dragons, all the Powers are usable against other creatures. The only thing that specifically states Dragon is the additional bonuses if the creature is a Dragon.

Now that being said if your fighting things that don't use any acid, fire, cold, yadda, yadda you'll get less out of it. Plus the one grounding ability would get less use without flying. But overall it certainly is more usable then some very-focused anti-something abilities.

Looks very good Ari - again.

Thank you. :)

However, in the spirit of giving credit where it's due, I need to say that some of the coolest mechanics in the article came from the development team, not from me. This was my very first PC-focused project for 4E (I wrote it back when I was working on Draconomicon), and I'll be the first to admit that my draft needed tweaking. I'm glad to see that, where that tweaking occurred, it turned out really, really well. :)

Rechan

Adventurer
Everything about "Energy Disruption" implies that the attack is stopped. However, the attack is an Immediate Response, which occurs after an attack is settled.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases