Starter Set Errata

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
For the few of you that may care, I think I have discovered a couple of errors/omissions in the 4E Starter Set:

1. I can find the rules for being prone, but no rule for standing up. Since one of the creatures in the sample adventure can knock characters down, this is sort of an important omission.

2. Several of the monsters in the DM book have insubstantiability, but I cannot find any explanation of this ability in the rules.

BTW, I know both of these are explained fully in the Player's Handbook. Please feel free to add your own errata or to correct me if any of the above is wrong.

-Avalon-

First Post
For the few of you that may care, I think I have discovered a couple of errors/omissions in the 4E Starter Set:

1. I can find the rules for being prone, but no rule for standing up. Since one of the creatures in the sample adventure can knock characters down, this is sort of an important omission.

2. Several of the monsters in the DM book have insubstantiability, but I cannot find any explanation of this ability in the rules.

BTW, I know both of these are explained fully in the Player's Handbook. Please feel free to add your own errata or to correct me if any of the above is wrong.

1- Prone is cured by standing up as a move action, which does not provoke OA's, not sure where that is listed, but I did read that somewhere.

2- Insubstantial is a "resist" type that is defined in back of MM as : The monster lacks a body that has physical substance and vital areas. It takes half damage from all sources. If a monster is insubstantial, this is noted in the Resist entry of its statistics block.

Hope that helps, dunno about starter set locations, are the books different?

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
Yep. I realize that the rules are in the core books (I believe insubstantial is explained in the PH, as well as the MM). I just wanted to let those that may have access to only the Starter Set that I could not find those rules therein.

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
...another one.

4. A disease and disease track are listed with the Dire Rat, but no information is given in the rules on how diseases work or how to use the track.

Remove ads