WotC Summer 2009 Catalog

sjmiller

Explorer
Merric's Law of miniatures (paraphrased):

1. Non-randomized
2. Low price per mini
3. Large selection of minis

Pick any two.
Oh, well, in that case I pick 1,* any time! I don't want random miniatures any more. I really didn't like them when they started doing them, and I really dislike them now. As long as I can see what I am getting I will figure out how to get them or what to get.

So I take it that there will be a new Players Handbook, Adventurer's vault and Monster manual every year...
Actually, the official word is that there will probably be a new Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide, <Setting> Campaign Guide, <Setting> Player's Guide, <Setting> Adventure, Dragon Magazine Annual, and Dungeon Magazine Annual each year. Additionally, we already know that there will be at least one more Adventurer's Vault and probably at least one more Draconomicon, although these could easily become annual features as well.

Of course, 4E still hasn't been around long enough for us to know how long some of those franchises will last. It's relatively easy to fill a new Monster Manual, for example, but Dungeon Master's Guides might run out of enough things to cover after three or four installments.

I'm glad they have ditched the idea of having new power cards in the mini packs.
...Huh?

Player's handbook Heroes: Series 2
The Player's Handbook Heroes: Series 2 expansion for the D&D Roleplaying Game features high-quality miniatures representing iconic player character races and classes described in the Player's Handbook and Player's Handbook 2 core rulebooks. There are six booster packs in all: 2 packs of martial heroes, 1 pack of arcane heroes, 2 packs of divine heroes, and 1 pack of primal heroes.
Each booster pack contains 3 visible, high-quality, non-random plastic miniatures representing D&D player characters plus an exclusive power card not available elsewhere!
$14.99
August 18, 2009
(Emphasis mine.) You must've missed it. :)

yesnomu

First Post
Excited about MM2, Divine Power, Eberron PG and maybe the AV2 if WotC has learned some lessons about balancing items better from AV1. I'm really excited to see what the Artificer looks like when it's done, after all the development time it'll have had.

Excited about MM2, Divine Power, Eberron PG and maybe the AV2 if WotC has learned some lessons about balancing items better from AV1. I'm really excited to see what the Artificer looks like when it's done, after all the development time it'll have had.
Hear, hear!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases