Partial charge vs. Standard Action charge

Jotun

First Post
Does the Partial Action charge gives the same + attack, - AC or as a Standard Action charge, or is it 1/2?

Does the Partial Action charge allow the character to move more than 10 ft but less than a "double move"'s distance and make a single attack, or does it allow only "single move distance" and then a single attack?

Or is the Partial Action charge something all together different?

Thanks for the helpful answers in advice. If you do answer, please give me some information why you think your answer is correct. Citing the official rules is always a big plus.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
A Partial Charge is a partial action. There are only a few times a partial action can occur in the game: (1) when the DM says so, or (2) when you wish to use Ready an Action.

A Partial Charge is very much like the Standard Charge attack except you can only move up to your (or your mount's) base speed. Other than that, as long you move 10 feet before you make contact with your intended target, all Charge attack rules apply (+2 attack, -2 AC, lance do double damage).

Any more question?

Jotun

First Post
Ranger REG writes:
A Partial Charge is a partial action. There are only a few times a partial action can occur in the game: (1) when the DM says so, or (2) when you wish to use Ready an Action.

There are other times when you can use a partial action. Your list is correct, but also incomplete. We could add to the list with: (3) affected by Haste which allows a for an extra partial action, (4) affected by Slow, or, (5) in the Surprise round. Listing times that Partial Actions are use isn't really addressing the questions I pose in my previous post.

Partial Charge: A Partial Action in which the character or mount moves at least 10 feet and no more than their normal move. The Partial Charge allows a single melee attack to be made at +2. The attacker has a -2 AC penalty for the next one round.

Is that the correct definition?

dcollins

Explorer
From the FAQ, p. 31:

I can’t find any rules on a partial charge. I would assume
that it is just a charge at half the speed of normal, but I
don’t know where I can find that information. So what
exactly is a partial charge?

A partial charge is a charge you take as a partial action. It
works just like a regular charge, except that you can only move
your speed—not up to twice your speed as in a regular charge.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Jotun said:
Partial Charge: A Partial Action in which the character or mount moves at least 10 feet and no more than their normal move. The Partial Charge allows a single melee attack to be made at +2. The attacker has a -2 AC penalty for the next one round.

Is that the correct definition?
Yes, with the addition that the movement must all be in a straight line.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
There are other times when you can use a partial action. Your list is correct, but also incomplete. We could add to the list with: (3) affected by Haste which allows a for an extra partial action, (4) affected by Slow, or, (5) in the Surprise round.

(6) You're a Zombie :)

-Hyp.

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
(8) You're a vampire, caller, or spectre being exposed to direct sunlight.

(9) You're a Rast that has lost it's ability to fly.

(10) You have taken subdual damage equal to your current hit points.

(11) You are under the effects of Hustle, or Battletide.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases